SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

The defense:

- three guys out of time
- two guys sign professionally
- three guys portal out, guys who were obvious defensive liabilities

A month before season's end I told @stoneySIOUX I saw a 5% chance of needing 7 or 8D.
I based it on the above, and the pipeline, and this (like it or hate it) portal world. 

9 hours ago, Big A HG said:

What would you deem incorrect or false?

Don't expect a coherent response. He'll just repeat the same message using different words, then tell you to fire off an E-mail to someone at UND.

I like the players we have landed the past couple of weeks. But there remain serious issues surrounding this program that must be addressed sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Big A HG said:

What would you deem incorrect or false?

Not worth blowing up this thread even further since it has been beaten to death, but for starters, pretty serious accusations you're leveling regarding the NODAK trademark. According to your version, BB must have some crazy pull in the North Dakota Attorney General's office to get away with what you're accusing him of.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Don't expect a coherent response. He'll just repeat the same message using different words, then tell you to fire off an E-mail to someone at UND.

Don't you have some made-up things to rant about? Or are you still working on the arguments no one is making?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Irish said:

Totally agreed - but here's how things usually work around here - we will have a better season next year but not rise to the top - make the tournament but not go very far.  Then after a couple of so-so years with some success but not in the Frozen Four there will be a lot of grumbling on this thread and we will again come to the consensus that "next year will be a critical year for the hockey staff".  

Geez, at least post spoiler alert for those of us that haven’t watched the next few seasons already. ;)

• Upvote 1

NHL Central Scouting released its final draft ranking yesterday

Here's a direct link to rankings for the North American skaters.

Committed UND recruits:

• #43: Jayden Perron, F, 5'9", 163 lbs (DOB: 01/11/2005)
  • #44: Andrew Strathmann, D, 5'10.5", 187 lbs (DOB: 02/27/2005)
  • #181: Jake Livanavage, D, 5'10", 175 lbs (DOB: 05/06/2004)
  • #188: David Klee, F, 6'3", 188 lbs (DOB: 05/10/2005)

(height and weight confirmed by NHLCS)

On 4/21/2023 at 10:24 PM, tnt said:

I assume Hedquist was injured last game, as he had saved 28 of 28 shots, and their other goalie finished the game stopping 10 of 11.  The other goalie is also playing tonight.

Hopefully, it’s not serious. 

On 4/19/2023 at 11:00 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I've said it before: This is a critical year for the hockey staff. 

It is in the eyes of the fans but not in the eyes of the school. I highly doubt the school "buys-out" Berry. Staff members will be let go before the school fires Berry.

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Run the apocalyptic nightmare scenario ... 
Someone would pay the buyout. 

You are correct that it would be a nightmare scenario but Berry is such a "nice guy" who won a national title that I do not think anyone would pony up the dough. They will let his contract run out and bid him farewell. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Run the apocalyptic nightmare scenario ... 
Someone would pay the buyout. 

If "someone" would pay the buyout...then that same "someone" should help fund and setup the UND NIL to get blue chippah players on campus and help prevent the nightmare scenario.

:)