SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

On 2/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, siouxforce19 said:

BCHL is above the NAHL. Probably a step below the USHL but I don’t know how significant it is. Dylan James played in both the AJHL and the USHL and he said the depth of talent is better in the USHL but the top tier teams in the BCHL and AJHL are on par with the USHL. 

Took the words out of my mouth.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2023 at 5:28 PM, krustyklown said:

Where do the eastern Canada junior leagues fit into this hierarchy?

They are weaker than both the BC and AJ…similar to MJ. Skilled players are typically younger and play a year then head to the O 

Just now, scpa0305 said:

They are weaker than both the BC and AJ…similar to MJ. Skilled players are typically younger and play a year then head to the O 

There’s usually a couple teams Ontario leagues that are decent. The year I went to the national junior A tournament in Canada, the Ontario teams got beat pretty handily by the AJ (Brooks) and BC teams (Prince George). Portage Terriers were there out of the MJ and they were more competitive. 

On 2/27/2023 at 6:28 PM, krustyklown said:

Where do the eastern Canada junior leagues fit into this hierarchy?

Canada is easy . Just start on the east coast and as you head west the leagues get better/deeper overall. Always a few outliers but generally speaking BC>AJ>SK>MJ etc… 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

Panzer with goals in 3 straight games, and 8 points in the last 7.  Was third star in a loss to Fargo last night. Good to see him pick it up.

Huge little stretch for him. Needs to keep it going and have a strong year next year.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:41 AM, tnt said:

I wonder what kind of impact Kleven will end up making.  After watching a few of the games with the U.S. National team, I can see him spending a lot of time in the penalty box, as college hockey seems to be wanting to take the punishing hits out of the game.  We're getting to the point where anything that looks like it hurts will draw a penalty.  I can see him getting a bunch of unwarranted penalties like Matt Greene and Andrew MacWilliam.  It sounds like he is progressing offensively nicely, so hopefully that will offset some of the attention I think he will garner because of his aggressive hitting.  

Guess he made his impact both ways, but wish the clean hits he made weren’t punished equally to the ones where he didn’t use much discretion.  

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Guess he made his impact both ways, but wish the clean hits he made weren’t punished equally to the ones where he didn’t use much discretion.  

Ha!  Nice blast from the past and analysis.
It'd be fun to go back and find all the old quotes and notes in this thread from when players first committed once they are set to finish their UND careers.

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Ha!  Nice blast from the past and analysis.
It'd be fun to go back and find all the old quotes and notes in this thread from when players first committed once they are set to finish their UND careers.

Go back and read what was being said about Pinto. 

Good entertainment!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Go back and read what was being said about Pinto. 

Good entertainment!

I was guilty thinking he was a depth add because we had just lost a recruit, and not realizing he was a recruit for later.  Not quite a depth add.  Sure could use someone with his work ethic and ability to bury the puck.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tnt said:

I was guilty thinking he was a depth add because we had just lost a recruit, and not realizing he was a recruit for later.  Not quite a depth add.  Sure could use someone with his work ethic and ability to bury the puck.

Man, did he have a hell of a one-timer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Man, did he have a hell of a one-timer.

Exactly.  Gaber has a nice shot but it takes a lot of time for him to get it off.  Could use someone with a Pinto-type release to utilize Blake’s passing ability.

10 hours ago, tnt said:

Exactly.  Gaber has a nice shot but it takes a lot of time for him to get it off.  Could use someone with a Pinto-type release to utilize Blake’s passing ability.

We do (at least on PP): Frisch.
But playing 24 minutes a night wears on a guy. 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We do (at least on PP): Frisch.
But playing 24 minutes a night wears on a guy. 

Not quite the velocity or accuracy.  Frisch needed to hit the net more frequently, but yeah other than Kleven he was our best option for a one timer. 

Not sure where I wanted to put this. A Chilliwack player took a run at Hobie Hedquist this weekend. I saw a video of it on Twitter earlier. I tried to find it again but my search function isn’t working right now. It was pretty bad. Luckily Hobie is okay. 

https://www.hopestandard.com/sports/chilliwack-chiefs-forward-sasha-teleguine-apologizes-for-on-ice-incident/

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Not sure where I wanted to put this. A Chilliwack player took a run at Hobie Hedquist this weekend. I saw a video of it on Twitter earlier. I tried to find it again but my search function isn’t working right now. It was pretty bad. Luckily Hobie is okay. 

https://www.hopestandard.com/sports/chilliwack-chiefs-forward-sasha-teleguine-apologizes-for-on-ice-incident/

Straight line; late braking; push into the head.
That was malicious intent. That should be "season over". 

PS - Chiliwack 23 is Sasha Teleguine. He couldn't cut it at UConn, went back to the BCHL, and is going to LSSU this fall. I sure hope he doesn't find any bad ice, or bad men on it.