SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Likely playing his senior year in Warroad I'd assume.  He is going to put up ridiculous numbers next season.  A lot of Shaugabay's assists went to this kid burying the puck. 

A lot of his goals was because of shaugabays passing. But again, decent get. He’ll probably play a his senior year then a year of juniors. I’m curious if he’ll go NTDP next year, typically Warroad kids don’t.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

A lot of his goals was because of shaugabays passing. But again, decent get. He’ll probably play a his senior year then a year of juniors. I’m curious if he’ll go NTDP next year, typically Warroad kids don’t.

Meh - Kid is a scorer, you can’t teach that and is faster.

He’ll get stronger and faster too. I’ll argue 100% he has more upside at the next levels than Shauabay. Fun debate. 

Time will tell. We shall see  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Come again ? :) 

I watched Warroad 10 times this winter and Pilgrim was the better player all around in 7 of those games. Shaugabay is an absolute wizard with the puck and has some of the best vision on the ice I can recall but Pilgrim is more of a pure scorer, better skater, and more active on the board battles. Not saying Shaugabay isn't a great player too because I'd love to have both of them. Marvin-Cordes is one I'm watching close as well.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Meh - Kid is a scorer, you can’t teach that and is faster.

He’ll get stronger and faster too. I’ll argue 100% he has more upside at the next levels than Shauabay. Fun debate. 

Time will tell. We shall see  

Ok 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Come again ? :) 

We can agree to disagree but in my very limited viewing I thought the exact same thing as crb1. Pilgrim stood out way more to me than Shaugabay and looked like the bigger stronger faster player. But again, very little have I seen. 

• Upvote 3

With Perron, Blake, McLaughlin, we probably need some more finishers that can take advantage of their passing ability, if indeed they are around that long.  Can always use guys that aren’t afraid to shoot, and can finish.

30 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

We can agree to disagree but in my very limited viewing I thought the exact same thing as crb1. Pilgrim stood out way more to me than Shaugabay and looked like the bigger stronger faster player. But again, very little have I seen. 

I like the commitment I really do…I just think shaugabay is a wizard. If his work ethic holds…he’ll play a very long time. His vision is translatable skill all the way up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, scpa0305 said:

I like the commitment I really do…I just think shaugabay is a wizard. If his work ethic holds…he’ll play a very long time. His vision is translatable skill all the way up.

Everybody thought Dany Heatley would continue to score in the NHL, and he did, but at Wisconsin Steve Reinprecht was the setup artist who helped make him.   Tremendous vision. 

Agreed. I would love Shaugabay to change his committment.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, crb1 said:

Nothing against Shaugabay but I actually liked Pilgrims game better, at least during tourney time, this is a good get. 

Much faster and better skater. Shaugaby is a good player and will have a solid college career. From what I've seen, Pilgrim just has that knack and could be a big time player.