SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

9 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Looked like he deliberately charged into him, throwing his hands/stick into his head. How is that not battery? 

How is slashing someone to the back of their leg or anywhere not battery then?   Should Pionk have been arrested for running into Cam?

He only got a 5 minute major for that???

Edit*

Match penalty and BCHL is reviewing.  Kid released a statement apologizing through Chilliwack, but the BCHL needs to sit this kid down for a minimum of 5 games.  Not even sure how many games are left honestly. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Warrant criminal charges? That was intent to injure. Clear as day. I’d press charges!

The last thing hockey needs is law enforcement monitoring the game for possible criminal charges. Don Adams is bad enough. 

I just read the Chiliwack statement on the run of Hedquist.

Teleguine's season should be done.
Their HC/GM Brian Maloney should be suspended for a game for this:

FrrLdOSWYAE4jY8?format=jpg&name=small

Do not tell me he's a "great leader" and a "good kid" after that video. 

The statement should've been the first paragraph and the last sentence. Nothing more. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just read the Chiliwack statement on the run of Hedquist.

Teleguine's season should be done.
Their HC/GM Brian Maloney should be suspended for a game for this:

FrrLdOSWYAE4jY8?format=jpg&name=small

Do not tell me he's a "great leader" and a "good kid" after that video. 

The statement should've been the first paragraph and the last sentence. Nothing more. 

Well they gave the kid 5 games…in the playoffs. That’s a fairly stiff penalty from what I’ve seen historically.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kevin G said:

The last thing hockey needs is law enforcement monitoring the game for possible criminal charges. Don Adams is bad enough. 

...and who knows, he might be the law enforcement that administers the criminal charges as well.  

5 hours ago, tnt said:

How is slashing someone to the back of their leg or anywhere not battery then?   Should Pionk have been arrested for running into Cam?

I understand what you are getting at. The difference is certain things are common and accepted in the game. How often do you see someone deliberately take another guy out like that? Very rarely. His intent was to hurt him, as clear as day. That’s criminal. 

15 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I understand what you are getting at. The difference is certain things are common and accepted in the game. How often do you see someone deliberately take another guy out like that? Very rarely. His intent was to hurt him, as clear as day. That’s criminal. 

Saw Jim Archibald do some things that should have warranted arrest, and instead of intent, there was actual injury. 

Awesome to see Jaksen Panzer’s last 10 games, he’s on an absolute heater. Definitely needs to play another year but I was getting a bit worried there. Curious if there was some sort of injury. His production will still not look good over the course of the whole year, but these last 10 games is a huge step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Awesome to see Jaksen Panzer’s last 10 games, he’s on an absolute heater. Definitely needs to play another year but I was getting a bit worried there. Curious if there was some sort of injury. His production will still not look good over the course of the whole year, but these last 10 games is a huge step in the right direction. 

If he can have a good year next season in juniors, he'll nicely add to a good forward recruit class with Swanson and Boisvert incoming that same year.

• Upvote 1

I saw Panzer had a goal and two assists today and was plus 3, but it was curious he didn’t get a star of the game, but Maddox Fleming was third star with no points and -2.  Maybe the stats were wrong, but it seems odd.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Blake has a lot of growing to do before he makes the jump.

Just imagining a forward group of Blake, McLaughlin, James, Strinden, Perron, Emerson, Swanson, Boisvert, Panzer, Schmaltz, and Kunz.
That's a very very strong and skilled forward group.

Kunz and Schmaltz would be the lone SR's in the group.
Blake, Mc, James, Strinden as JR's.
Perron and Emerson as sophs.
And a freshman forward group of Swanson, Boisvert, and Panzer.

Throw in Portz and other forward recruits that may arrive like Croal, Klee, Slipec, and Singleton (assuming a couple of those don't make it to campus).

• Like 1

These two are going to be fun to watch once they get to campus:

Mac Swanson of the Fargo Force hits 40 assists and 50 points with an assist last night.
Sacha Boisvert of the Muskegon Lumberjacks with a two-assist night and is at 37 points.
Both USHL rookies are having tremendous seasons, especially considering their age.

29 minutes ago, brianvf said:

These two are going to be fun to watch once they get to campus:

Yep both are really good. We need to get a few more however. We have just as many question marks as players at the moment.  Good thing we don’t really need more F’s at the moment.