SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Former UND captain Gage Ausmus diagnosed with cancer, shares message for others

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/former-und-captain-gage-ausmus-diagnosed-with-cancer-shares-message-for-others-1

Glad to hear that they were able to remove the cancer.  A good reminder to everyone to go to the doctor if something isnt right.

Speedy recovery to Captain Ausmus. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, Erin. UND law grad.

When Katie interviewed Dave it was her brother in law. And Tim O’Keefe doing color for his son in law’s team … those were the days. 

Now that we got that all straightened out. :)  

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, Erin. UND law grad.

When Katie interviewed Dave it was her brother in law. And Tim O’Keefe doing color for his son in law’s team … those were the days. 

The Tims were the best hockey broadcast team I recall

• Upvote 3

On 2/19/2023 at 11:36 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, Erin. UND law grad.

Bobby Brinks Mom hung out with Erin a lot in high school. :) 

On 2/19/2023 at 10:27 AM, The Sicatoka said:

A "former players" 2-for-1 ... Hakstol's father-in-law is former UND D Tim O'Keefe. 

Somewhere Tim Hennessy smirks and nods in agreement with Dave. :D 

PS - Hak is a stone-faced humorless curmudgeon ... or so I've been told.   :huh:   :lol: 

PPS - It's sad that Hak's father isn't with him to enjoy this right now, but it's good that Hak has a good enough relationship with his father-in-law that Tim can fill that role on the dad's trip. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kraken game had a little intro segment for Hakstol and ESPN made a serious effort to crop out the Sioux logo.

Also, Bucci nearly creamed himself when Zegras scored a between the legs goal. Hextall is a lot less tolerable as an announcer with him as her partner.

When Bucci said wrap around attempt that wasn't a wrap around when the first goal was scored hand me saying is this the best ESPN can do.

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kraken game had a little intro segment for Hakstol and ESPN made a serious effort to crop out the Sioux logo.

Also, Bucci nearly creamed himself when Zegras scored a between the legs goal. Hextall is a lot less tolerable as an announcer with him as her partner.

can you dumb that down for me?

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

When Bucci said wrap around attempt that wasn't a wrap around when the first goal was scored hand me saying is this the best ESPN can do.

It is the best they can do because ESPN doesn’t care about hockey.  Just keep trotting out the same old announcers for the Frozen Four year after year.  :(