SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, sioux rube said:

Taylor Chorney signing my jersey at Shattuck. I’ve had it there for roughly 8 years now and Rooster who works there has former players sign it. Berry, Hakstol, and Blais have all signed it too 

D89E2298-5402-4554-93B6-3CE3F779B92B.jpeg

Cool.   

Given your handle, I'd think you'd have Rube Bjorkman's sig also.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Thanks for correcting me. Indeed it was Ottawa. Not sure how I forgot that. Looked it up. Tonight was his 6th career goal 

No he is with the Kings.....again.

Ottawa traded him to Kings last year. Kings waived him and Buffalo signed him. Played a game for Buffalo and they waived him and the Kings signed him again.

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

No he is with the Kings.....again.

Ottawa traded him to Kings last year. Kings waived him and Buffalo signed him. Played a game for Buffalo and they waived him and the Kings signed him again.

Yes I know he’s with the Kings. Saw his goal tonight 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, SiouxForever said:

TJ Oshie on the latest podcast episode of spittin' chiclets says he's regrets leaving UND after his junior year along with good friend Taylor Chorney. Oshie wished he would have came back for senior year and references Taylor would probably agree with him and we regret going pro. 

UND coaching staff, put this in your toolkit moving forward. 

Toolkit for what? A lot of the pro players end up saying they wished they never left early. Fact of the matter is when those kids have millions of dollars waved in front of them, they are only thinking about the money and getting to the NHL.

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, SiouxForever said:

TJ Oshie on the latest podcast episode of spittin' chiclets says he's regrets leaving UND after his junior year along with good friend Taylor Chorney. Oshie wished he would have came back for senior year and references Taylor would probably agree with him and we regret going pro. 

UND coaching staff, put this in your toolkit moving forward. 

I remember talking with Blais at Peppers in Fargo after the 2003-2004 season. This was probably in May or June. He said Parise had been back in Grand Forks and was broken up to the point of tears and very regretful that he had signed after the season and said it was a huge mistake.

Of course this probably triggered Bochenski to sign over the summer as well and then Blais ended up in Columbus in September.

Can you imagine the 2004-2005 team with Parise and Bochenski? They finished second to Denver in Columbus and if we had todays replay rules would have won the national title in all liklihood since that team did not blow leads and the go ahead goal we scored would have counted. if you remember Mannino made a glove save so you knew the puck was in his glove and his glove was 2 feet deep in the net.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, streetsahead said:

Gage Ausmus and Trevor Olson have a new podcast called The Has-Beens. I listened to the first episode last night and thought it was pretty good. I won't spoil the context, but Olson mentions this forum near the end.

Does he talk about all the experts here?:D

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Does he talk about all the experts here?:D

Grizzled experts I believe is the term he used. He said he was sitting in the penalty box with 6 minutes left in the semi final game against Denver while the refs were reviewing his penalty to possibly give him a 5 minute major and knew he was being destroyed on Sioux Sports and would probably have to transfer if UND lost.

Pages 10-14 are pretty dystopian. Olson didn't get buried as bad as he thought he would but if they had scored I am sure he would have.

• Upvote 1