SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Shirts to support Evan Trupp available at Sioux Shop

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/6/1/mens-hockey-shirts-to-support-evan-trupp-available-at-sioux-shop.aspx

"North Dakota Athletics and Ralph Engelstad Arena have partnered to release shirts in support of former North Dakota hockey player Evan Trupp and his battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma."

The link to the Sioux Shop page isn't working for me from the articel, so here is the link to the shirt they are selling.

https://siouxshop.com/UNIVERSITY-OF-NORTH-DAKOTA-FIGHTING-SIOUX-EVAN-TRUPP-%2319-PLAYER-TEE-DLC0139SML-7505/

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sioux_Hab-it said:

If you haven't seen it yet you all have to check out Stecher's unbelievable play to set up Canada's winning goal over Russia today.    It might just be the hockey play of the year.

It was quite a play.  I didn't realize what he had actually done with the puck to get by the first Russian player, until I re-watched it a few times and then in slow motion.  Troy made a move like he may have intended to shoot a forehand while skating to his left.  Then when he had the Russian committed to block the shot, Troy got the puck onto his backhand stick blade and tapped the puck up through his own feet and continued on to the net, where he turned on his forehand and sent the goal mouth pass to his teammate (#88) for the winner!

I hope someone can post that video on this site.  It's a move to remember, that's for sure (and the Russians would like to forget it).

18 hours ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

It was quite a play.  I didn't realize what he had actually done with the puck to get by the first Russian player, until I re-watched it a few times and then in slow motion.  Troy made a move like he may have intended to shoot a forehand while skating to his left.  Then when he had the Russian committed to block the shot, Troy got the puck onto his backhand stick blade and tapped the puck up through his own feet and continued on to the net, where he turned on his forehand and sent the goal mouth pass to his teammate (#88) for the winner!

I hope someone can post that video on this site.  It's a move to remember, that's for sure (and the Russians would like to forget it).

I saw more replays of this play from different angles and must correct myself:   I now realize that Stecher made a BACKHAND pass across the goal mouth to #88, to assist on the winning goal.  That makes it an even more impressive performance by Troy.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I think Toews is Blackhawks lifer 

More than likely, yes.

But if there was a way for CHI to get out from say half of the $20M they owe Toews over the next two seasons, I think they'd listen. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if CHI made a deal that landed Toews in WPG. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...