SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Sioux to play Fresno State, San Diego State
UND's 2009 football schedule isn't complete yet, but the Sioux have locked in guarantee games for the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons.
As for 2009, UND now has four home games. The Sioux will host Southern Oregon on Nov. 7. UND is still searching for a fifth home game, that one being the Sept. 12 Potato Bowl.
Looks like you have some wiki-ing to do, Bin. ;)

Now that means that the Potato Bowl Game has to be a DI game for us to meet the DI minimum. If that happens its going to turn out to be a pretty good schedule.

Yeah since the bison fans don't want the game tickets should be easy to come by for this one in the dome. It was probably harder to get a ticket for Central Conneticut.

Now that means that the Potato Bowl Game has to be a DI game for us to meet the DI minimum. If that happens its going to turn out to be a pretty good schedule.

You're okay either way. With an 11-game schedule, you need 6 of them to be DI(>50%); you have 8 as of now. I think NDSU and UND are both courting Sac State. Morgan State is probably the fall-back position for both. I don't know if Wanless is a plus or minus for UND, but NDSU can probably offer more money for the game if it comes to that.

With the addition of Fresno St. and San Diego St., it appears that UND is focusing on competition with FBS teams from the West vs. the East. The FBS games scheduled thus far are Texas Tech, Idaho, Fresno and San Diego...with a possible Hawaii game. Can anyone say if this is intentional or just coincidental? NDSU, SDSU, and even USD seem to be scheduling FBS teams further east with the Wyoming/NDSU matchup the exception. Just curious if anyone has any insight...

I updated the wiki. I believe that I got it all entered in. The only game on our wiki schedules that I haven't put as confirmed yet is the Sept. 18, 2010 game against Northwestern State. The only place I have seen it posted is on the Katfans message board. Has anyone seen a confirmation of it anywhere else?

With the addition of Fresno St. and San Diego St., it appears that UND is focusing on competition with FBS teams from the West vs. the East. The FBS games scheduled thus far are Texas Tech, Idaho, Fresno and San Diego...with a possible Hawaii game. Can anyone say if this is intentional or just coincidental? NDSU, SDSU, and even USD seem to be scheduling FBS teams further east with the Wyoming/NDSU matchup the exception. Just curious if anyone has any insight...

With the California schools, maybe they've plugged into some of Gene Murphy's network? I have no idea that's just a thought off the cuff.

Maybe the fact that the Athletic Director spent so many years working in New Mexico makes a difference.

Sioux to play Fresno State, San Diego StateLooks like you have some wiki-ing to do, Bin. ;)

Exciting news! I like to consider figuring out future schedules one of my pet projects, but my internet has been down since noon today, and I'm logged in on dial-up now. ;) Glad to hear about the scheduling news that came about this afternoon!

Regarding, the Potato Bowl opponent, I think there is a still a possiblilty that it could be a sub-DI team. But, in addition to Sac St. and Morgan St. as Hammersmith suggested, I believe that UND has been in contact with Stony Brook and Drake as well. Personally, I'd love to see Drake as a semi-regular early season opponent for the Sioux. Regional school with some name recognition (although more for basketball than for football).

Wonder how much Fresno will give us?

I bet the San Diego state will prolyl be about the idaho payout

I hope we get hawaii.. Thats like a 500,000-800,000 payday.

Hawaii is a non money game - they pay your expenses over and back and that's it. Good job on San Diego & Fresno but 2 NAIA home games?

Hawaii is a non money game - they pay your expenses over and back and that's it. Good job on San Diego & Fresno but 2 NAIA home games?

Thats not correct. After all is said and done you make an amount similar to playing a MAC team or similar to the Idaho figure.

Finally some good news.

I really wish Hawaii would become official.

Brady Hoke left Ball State this year to go to San Diego State so they could be a very good football team in a few years if he can turn them around also. Plus, the players get to go to San Diego! Can't beat that.

You know this how? You have sources or references for this? ;)

Talked with AD from NDSU and SDSU - They both turned them down. They both said they could play them anytime they wanted but if it was going to be a FBC game they wanted to make some money or have a return game which we know that Hawaii will not do. Plus it's a bitch of a trip if you have to play the next week. There's no upside to the game.

Talked with AD from NDSU and SDSU - They both turned them down. They both said they could play them anytime they wanted but if it was going to be a FBC game they wanted to make some money or have a return game which we know that Hawaii will not do. Plus it's a bitch of a trip if you have to play the next week. There's no upside to the game.

The other thing to consider is that if you play an away game in Hawaii or Alaska the NCAA will let you play an extra game.

A Bison fan just said there is no upside to playing Hawaii. Is he seroius? Recruiting is the life blood to maintaining a quality program. Telling a potential recruit you are going to Hawaii to play a game is very impressive. Apparently that Bison fan doesn't have a clue.

No, not what you can make up and tell us - actual references. Link, maybe? You are always the first one to call everybody out to show you proof of things. What proof do we have that you talked to the AD's from ndsu and SDSU? You know just as much as everyone else on here as far as I'm concerned. Remember these are the lofty standards you have set for everyone else. You can abide by them too.

I typed a few words into google and one of the first links I found was in reference to Northern Colorado....

From an old UH Foobtall Blog.....

"I like the 400K payday, but, seriously, they (the Warriors) could put up 100 points on us," worries one fan on one of the school's fan Web sites.

Another one...

If that's the case, UC - which will receive a $400,000 guaranteed payday from Hawaii - and its fans can enjoy the trip, and the Warriors will enjoy having the Bearcats. Hawaii athletic director Herman Frazier wants to forget that little bit of history.
It took about 2 minutes to find this. I'm sure there are plenty of links to info about paydays and UH football.

No, not what you can make up and tell us - actual references. Link, maybe? You are always the first one to call everybody out to show you proof of things. What proof do we have that you talked to the AD's from ndsu and SDSU? You know just as much as everyone else on here as far as I'm concerned. Remember these are the lofty standards you have set for everyone else. You can abide by them too.

Maybe he heard it from the same person that told him Tibesar had interviewed for the Bison dc?

Exciting news! I like to consider figuring out future schedules one of my pet projects, but my internet has been down since noon today, and I'm logged in on dial-up now. ;) Glad to hear about the scheduling news that came about this afternoon!

Regarding, the Potato Bowl opponent, I think there is a still a possiblilty that it could be a sub-DI team. But, in addition to Sac St. and Morgan St. as Hammersmith suggested, I believe that UND has been in contact with Stony Brook and Drake as well. Personally, I'd love to see Drake as a semi-regular early season opponent for the Sioux. Regional school with some name recognition (although more for basketball than for football).

According to this site, it looks as though both Stony Brook http://schedules.travisliles.com/2009/01/2...-schedules.html and Drake http://schedules.travisliles.com/2009/01/2...-schedules.html have their September 12th date filled.

It appears as though we may be down to Morgan State or Sac State as potential FCS teams left...