SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

So your saying that you'd travel to Fargo and only have 4 home games with 2 of those NAIA?

While obviously not ideal, at this point I would say yes I'm ok with that. But that's just me.

Would you accept a home/home with our return in 2012?

Yes. But with a huge buyout clause, like 92,96 has stated. But that's just me.

Doesn't ndsu have any forums for their fans? Why are they all here? P*nis envy I suppose. I don't care what's up at NDSU... Although, that ben guy on the basketball team is HOT!!! (hehehehehehehe) Eventually, UND and NDSU will not only be playing each other (hummm that does sounds gay) but they will both be in the same conference. Money, distance, size, etc.. will all make that happen. Sooner than most think. The current financial mess will start to hit college athletics very soon... no programs or even conferences are safe. Big changes are coming. A huge realignment, born of necessity, will put UND and NDSU in the same conference.

FYI - I noticed that the schedules are now posted on www.fightingsioux.com. They run through the 2012-13 season. I'm sure that some of these could change.

I've...been...too...

Lubbock, Hammond, Natchitoches, Nagodotches,

Pocotello, Honolulu :lol:, Moscow, Fargo :angry:,

Fresno, San Diego, San Luis Obispo

Davis, Conway, Allendale, Carbondale

Vermillion, Grand Forks, Cedar City, Cedar Falls

I've been everywhere, MAN...

I've been everywhere...

I've...been...too...

Lubbock, Hammond, Natchitoches, Nagodotches,

Pocotello, Honolulu :lol: , Moscow, Fargo :angry: ,

Fresno, San Diego, San Luis Obispo

Davis, Conway, Allendale, Carbondale

Vermillion, Grand Forks, Cedar City, Cedar Falls

I've been everywhere, MAN...

I've been everywhere...

Grand Valley isn't FCS, though they should be.

All the other schools are DI.

Hey MPSBison, Two questions. Do you have anything like a JOB? You seem to have time 24 7 to post here. And secondly, what is your infatuation with telling us here at UND Sports how to run things?

I have heard you got banned at the NDSU site and all I can say is "Three cheers for NDSU".

Why are the 2010 and 2012 games against USD in Vermillion mid-season games along with the 2009 game in Grand Forks? I see they had some sense and made the 2011 game in GF the last game of the year.

I think it was pretty cool how the last game of the year the last few years has been USD v UND weekend. I wish they could permanently make that the last game of the year.

Why are the 2010 and 2012 games against USD in Vermillion mid-season games along with the 2009 game in Grand Forks? I see they had some sense and made the 2011 game in GF the last game of the year.

I think it was pretty cool how the last game of the year the last few years has been USD v UND weekend. I wish they could permanently make that the last game of the year.

The MVC also moved the NDSU/SDSU games to mid season.

Looks like we can rule out Central Washington as a potential 2009 opponent: link

Going by the "2009 schedule blog official release" as found on anygivensaturday.com, it looks to me like our potential options for a home non-conference FCS game in 2009 are as follows:

Sept. 12

Portland St.

Sam Houston St.

Wagner

Howard

Oct. 10

Indiana St.

Morehead St. (and no, I'm not talking about MSU-Moorhead)

Stony Brook

Davidson

Hey MPSBison, Two questions. Do you have anything like a JOB? You seem to have time 24 7 to post here. And secondly, what is your infatuation with telling us here at UND Sports how to run things?

I have heard you got banned at the NDSU site and all I can say is "Three cheers for NDSU".

Suddenly he has nothing to say!!

Looks like we can rule out Central Washington as a potential 2009 opponent: link

Going by the "2009 schedule blog official release" as found on anygivensaturday.com, it looks to me like our potential options for a home non-conference FCS game in 2009 are as follows:

Sept. 12

Portland St.

Sam Houston St.

Wagner

Howard

Oct. 10

Indiana St.

Stony Brook

Davidson

If we don't get an opponent for the Potato Bowl it may be MSU-Moorhead. LOL!!! :lol:

Sept. 12

Portland St.

Sam Houston St.

Wagner

Howard

Oct. 10

Indiana St.

Stony Brook

Davidson

Because of immediately being able to identify them , I like the idea of the bolded schools. At this point, I would be willing to travel there next year with return game in the future and huge buyout clauses.

I don't know much about the other "surname schools" or Stony Brook though.

Because of immediately being able to identify them , I like the idea of the bolded schools. At this point, I would be willing to travel there next year with return game in the future and huge buyout clauses.

I know that Davidson did good in the NCAA basketball tournament.

Howard is a private research school in Washington DC. It's also a historically black school, probably the premier one in terms of academics.

Wagner and Davidson are private liberal arts schools that are DI mostly for bball and they have low or non scholarship football.

Stony Brook is a massive research school and one of the flagship research centers in the New York public university system SUNY. Like the other SUNY research centers (Buffalo, Albany and Binghamton) they have only recently started putting money into DI athletics.

Wasn't really sure where this article belonged but I thought it was interesting enough to note..Texas-San Antonio Adds FCS Football. Larry Coker who coached Miami to a National title in 2001 is going to coach them and they will began play in the 2011 season playing in the Alamo Dome.

There are several large city FCS upstarts with aspirations to being FBS. Georgia State (Atlanta), UNC-Charlotte and now UTSA.

You might want to re-type this because "at this point" you can kiss goodbye a team signing a huge buyout clause for a return game.

Looks like Sac State posted their schedule and are playing Poly on Sept 12th.

Portland State, Wagner and Sam Houston seem to be about the only other FCS schools with Sept 12th open other than NDSU and UND.

According to a poster on AGS there is a rumor that SHSU has scheduled a game against St. Joes of Indiana to fill their open slot on September 12th. Not looking good for a FCS opponent for Potato Bowl :sad:

Does anyone have any insight as to how much UND is offering potential teams to come to GF for open date on Potato Bowl? I would hope they are willing to spend a little money to try to get a quality opponent. It's been reported that we received a $25,000 buyout from Idaho State so. Combine that with the payday from the Texas Tech game and the profits from from a large Potato Bowl crowd, I would thin we have some cash to spend. I have no idea how scheduling works, but I am a little worried about the inability to schedule FCS opponents at home. Can anyone shed any light as to why scheduling is so difficult?