SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Exactly my thoughts. However if we played next year, I would not use that as an excuse for the outcome of the game, whatever it may be. Things will even out soon.

I agree, no excuses (if the game was to happen, which it won't). We aren't going to make excuses when we play TT so no reason to make excuses for playing an FCS team. We knew going into the game what each teams situation is scholarship wise.

I would be surprised if UND wasn't at 63 for this season.

You have to average 56.7 scholarships over a three year period (including the upcoming season) to allow an FBS school to count you as a win toward bowl eligibility.

And no doubt UND has been telling kids that "more money is coming" on the recruit trail the past few years.

So there really is no more scholarship "advantage" for NDSU over UND. It's level as it's going to get in 09! Bring it on!

I would be surprised if UND wasn't at 63 for this season.

You have to average 56.7 scholarships over a three year period (including the upcoming season) to allow an FBS school to count you as a win toward bowl eligibility.

And no doubt UND has been telling kids that "more money is coming" on the recruit trail the past few years.

So there really is no more scholarship "advantage" for NDSU over UND. It's level as it's going to get in 09! Bring it on!

Two year period.

Oh I was WAY off. Come on.

There is no significant advantage.

True, but the advantage is here: "On top of that, they will only have 2 recruiting classes with 57-60 scholarships vs. NDSU having 6 recruiting classes using 57-63 scholarships. That is an enormous difference in depth and also having six years of players that were targeted as FCS level recruits."

The 2005-2006 recruiting classes were down for UND because of the lack of scholarships (36) vs. NDSU and SDSU (57-63). Now they have only had two seasons to get the talent level back up to where it needs to be. Takes time.

True, but the advantage is here: "On top of that, they will only have 2 recruiting classes with 57-60 scholarships vs. NDSU having 6 recruiting classes using 57-63 scholarships. That is an enormous difference in depth and also having six years of players that were targeted as FCS level recruits."

The 2005-2006 recruiting classes were down for UND because of the lack of scholarships (36) vs. NDSU and SDSU (57-63). Now they have only had two seasons to get the talent level back up to where it needs to be. Takes time.

Wait now, I'm confused. Did you just post some thoughts that actually make sense? :D

MplsBison, how can you say there is no advantage to having recruited with FCS scholarship numbers for 4 more years than UND? I will be interested to hear your opinion on this one.

I already countered that one.

UND has been telling kids for the last few years that the move to DI is a done deal and that more scholarship dollars will be on the way. They might not be able to offer as much up front as NDSU on a few kids (how many have they gone head-to-head over anyway?) but they will be able to take care of them later on when they are contributing.

I already countered that one.

UND has been telling kids for the last few years that the move to DI is a done deal and that more scholarship dollars will be on the way. They might not be able to offer as much up front as NDSU on a few kids (how many have they gone head-to-head over anyway?) but they will be able to take care of them later on when they are contributing.

I'm sorry, but......... :D:lol::(

Carry on......

Lack of your counter-argument noted.

As always, he had no valid arguement to counter. Your post was week at best. That is why there was no need to counter-argue. Any reasonable person would agree that NDSU has had a multiple year recruiting advantage. Not that I consider you reasonable.

Has had. No longer.

Oh great MplsBison, no matter how many years UND gets they will never have as great of recruiting classes as the Bison. They will never catch them in anything. Is that better? Is that what you want to hear?

I think the only statement being made was depth will be a concern right away. No one is using it as an excuse and I hope the game is played this year, even though it won't be. Any person with any sort of common sense can tell you that if you are given 63 scholorships to spread out over five years thats 12.6 per year compared to 7.2 per year with the 36 of the DII days. Thats a lot of extra depth with those 5 scholorships per year once a school gets a chance to get those spread out throughout the program. Thats all anyone was pointing out. I can't believe you can't realize this. No wonder they don't let you post on bisonville.

hey my beloved Wagner Seahawks just got shafted by Deleware State and are looking for a replacement game for Sep. 12! Were a D1-FCS school playing in the NEC from Staten Island, NY. I have no current connection to the university other than being an alumni, but would love to see my Seahawks play more DI schools. Deleware State was supposed to play us but bailed to go play UDel. I know our conference foes Central Connecticut played NDSU last year, and by all accounts (other than the scoreboard) things went great.

hey my beloved Wagner Seahawks just got shafted by Deleware State and are looking for a replacement game for Sep. 12! Were a D1-FCS school playing in the NEC from Staten Island, NY. I have no current connection to the university other than being an alumni, but would love to see my Seahawks play more DI schools. Deleware State was supposed to play us but bailed to go play UDel. I know our conference foes Central Connecticut played NDSU last year, and by all accounts (other than the scoreboard) things went great.

Was it supposed to be a home or an away game for you guys?

Oh great MplsBison, no matter how many years UND gets they will never have as great of recruiting classes as the Bison. They will never catch them in anything. Is that better? Is that what you want to hear?

I think the only statement being made was depth will be a concern right away. No one is using it as an excuse and I hope the game is played this year, even though it won't be. Any person with any sort of common sense can tell you that if you are given 63 scholorships to spread out over five years thats 12.6 per year compared to 7.2 per year with the 36 of the DII days. Thats a lot of extra depth with those 5 scholorships per year once a school gets a chance to get those spread out throughout the program. Thats all anyone was pointing out. I can't believe you can't realize this. No wonder they don't let you post on bisonville.

The simple fact is that UND is getting kids they would not have gotten as a DII team and have been for the last few years.

The simple fact of being a "DI" team does it for some players.

The simple fact is that UND is getting kids they would not have gotten as a DII team and have been for the last few years.

The simple fact of being a "DI" team does it for some players.

I am sure no recruit visiting Fargo was told that NDSU can go to the playoffs and UND can not for four more years. Yeah, right.

I am sure no recruit visiting Fargo was told that NDSU can go to the playoffs and UND can not for four more years. Yeah, right.

Mussman mentioned that at the last Fargo Sioux Boosters meeting in Fargo but with regards to SDSU. Apparently in meeting with a couple recruits and their parents there was a recurring theme coming mostly from the parents of when UND would become playoff eligible vs. the fact that SDSU is playoff eligible now.

After awhile Mussman asked them if they knew when the last time that SDSU had made the playoffs in Football. I believe it was in 1964, so he pointed out the fact that for the last 44 years SDSU has been playoff eligible for all but the 4 or 5 years of their D1 transition period and never made the playoffs. :D???

Mussman mentioned that at the last Fargo Sioux Boosters meeting in Fargo but with regards to SDSU. Apparently in meeting with a couple recruits and their parents there was a recurring theme coming mostly from the parents of when UND would become playoff eligible vs. the fact that SDSU is playoff eligible now.

After awhile Mussman asked them if they knew when the last time that SDSU had made the playoffs in Football. I believe it was in 1964, so he pointed out the fact that for the last 44 years SDSU has been playoff eligible for all but the 4 or 5 years of their D1 transition period and never made the playoffs. :D???

We went head to head with only a few recruits with UND but we heard that UND was telling them that our coaching staff was in disarray and that UND had the largest engineering school in ND. Heard the engineering one from the recruits HS coach. Both recruits committed to NDSU after learning the truth. Negitive recruiting usually fails.

We went head to head with only a few recruits with UND but we heard that UND was telling them that our coaching staff was in disarray and that UND had the largest engineering school in ND. Heard the engineering one from the recruits HS coach. Both recruits committed to NDSU after learning the truth. Negitive recruiting usually fails.

Your coaching staff WAS in disarray at the time. Everybody knew that. That was the truth.

Of course is was only a couple of recruits and of course they all signed with NDSU. Thats the way it always works and has for years. We all know how it works in your minds. I think when you have a offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator leave and your head coach tells your linebackers coach that he no longer has a job, your coaching staff isn't exactly what one would call ideal is it?

That's nothing more than regular recruiting. Nothing that would give either school a significant advantage.

Why are you emotionally invested in this? You hate me that bad?

Of course is was only a couple of recruits and of course they all signed with NDSU. Thats the way it always works and has for years. We all know how it works in your minds. I think when you have a offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator leave and your head coach tells your linebackers coach that he no longer has a job, your coaching staff isn't exactly what one would call ideal is it?

So coaches moving up to higher division fb jobs is a sign of disarray. Good one.. Linebacker coach wanted the DC job and Bohl told him he had to apply - he didn't like so HE decided to look else where. I think you can tell by our recruiting class that nothing was in disarray (we didn't lose a single recruit) and to say different is wishful thinking on your part. :D???