SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

You're okay either way. With an 11-game schedule, you need 6 of them to be DI(>50%); you have 8 as of now. I think NDSU and UND are both courting Sac State. Morgan State is probably the fall-back position for both. I don't know if Wanless is a plus or minus for UND, but NDSU can probably offer more money for the game if it comes to that.

Just speculation on my part, but I tend to think it's more a plus than a minus. I suspect Terry still has a lot of friends in Grand Forks, plus presumably UND would be very open to a home-and-home, whereas NDSU apparently would not.

Just speculation on my part, but I tend to think it's more a plus than a minus. I suspect Terry still has a lot of friends in Grand Forks, plus presumably UND would be very open to a home-and-home, whereas NDSU apparently would not.

We're still waiting on Montana State to return from playing in Bozeman in 05.

And Sac was one of the reasons NDSU did not get into the Big Sky.

I kinda doubt it will happen. I'm thinking we're going to pay a guarantee to get Morgan State.

Sac St is looking for a home game on Sept. 12th. There is no potential there for either UND or NDSU.

Wayne Nelson Blog

The Sioux will play at Stephen F. Austin, Central Arkansas and Northwestern State in 2009. It's logical to assume there are home-and-home contracts between UND and the three Southland Conference schools. Central Arkansas' return game with the Sioux is set for 2012 in Grand Forks.

Central Arkansas has agreed to return in 2012.

There hasn't been any solid confirmation, but many different internet sources have suggested that Northwestern St. is scheduled to be back in GF in September next season.

The Stephen F. Austin game is a one game contract.

Here's a question that I have. Are we better off with 4 home games if it means that 2010 we will have an all FCS home schedule? If we settle for another non DI home game I would guess that 2010 will be 3 or 4 DI FCS (2 great west) and 1 or 2 non DI. Is it worth having another non DI on the home schedule?

I'm starting to think that we should bite the bullet, which may lead to a better schedule sooner.

A poster over at AGS has posted a tentative schedule for Indiana State. So far it appears that they only have 10 games scheduled also. They don't have the Sept. 12 weekend open that UND was looking to have the Potato Bowl. But according to that post, they have the weekend of Oct. 10 open along with UND. Maybe we need to sign a home and home with InSU and include a small guarantee to get the first game in GF with the return next year to Terre Haute.

2009 Indiana State schedule

According to a post here... http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/show...d.php?t=56671... Prairieview A&M backed out of a home game with Sam Houston State University in order to play an FBS game. This means SHSU may be looking for a game on September 12 and may be willing to travel since it had been scheduled as a road game at Prairieview A&M. Does anyone know if UND has the buying power to bring in an established FCS team such as SHSU?

EDIT: This website seems to have the most up to date FCS schedules... http://travisliles.com/schedules/

After looking through this schedules on this site...these are the teams that have Sept. 12th open. Not all of these teams are necessarily looking for a road games...

Sam Houston St.

Sacramento St.

Portland St.

NDSU

Alabama St.

Davidson

Morehead St.

Valparaiso

Savannah St.

Howard

Wagner

According to a post here... http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/show...d.php?t=56671... Prairieview A&M backed out of a home game with Sam Houston State University in order to play an FBS game. This means SHSU may be looking for a game on September 12 and may be willing to travel since it had been scheduled as a road game at Prairieview A&M. Does anyone know if UND has the buying power to bring in an established FCS team such as SHSU?

EDIT: This website seems to have the most up to date FCS schedules... http://travisliles.com/schedules/

After looking through this schedules on this site...these are the teams that have Sept. 12th open. Not all of these teams are necessarily looking for a road games...

Sam Houston St.

Sacramento St.

Portland St.

NDSU

Alabama St.

Davidson

Morehead St.

Valparaiso

Savannah St.

Howard

Wagner

NDSU at UND Sept. 12th that would be a hell of a Potato Bowl!!!

Thats for sure, but I doubt it will happen.

NDSU won't happen...

I would like to see either Portland St., Sac. St., or SHSU (if indeed the Prairieview game fell through for them) as my top three schools of preference for the Potato Bowl. Hopefully we have some money to spend to make it happen.

NDSU won't happen...

I would like to see either Portland St., Sac. St., or SHSU (if indeed the Prairieview game fell through for them) as my top three schools of preference for the Potato Bowl. Hopefully we have some money to spend to make it happen.

I agree with those three as being the top 3.

Won't happen for the primary reason that we need the home game as much as you do. We both have four home games and six away games scheduled. Neither school will agree to seven away games, so... stalemate.

SDSU 2004 schedule:

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2004

SDSU had 4 home - 7 away in a transition year.

Precedent set for a transition team. *check*

FCS away game opportunity for UND vs. a long time rival and a close game for fans to travel to *check*

Game scheduled *pending*

SDSU 2004 schedule:

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2004

SDSU had 4 home - 7 away in a transition year.

Precedent set for a transition team. *check*

FCS away game opportunity for UND vs. a long time rival and a close game for fans to travel to *check*

Game scheduled *pending*

I should know better than to respond to this post, but I'm kinda bored today. The only way this game takes place is if it's played in Fargo. Having said that, I believe the only way it takes place in Fargo is if there are no other options for NDSU and the only remaining option for UND is another NAIA school at home. Even with that, I would bet against the game happening.

Hopefully UND can throw some money at an FCS and we'll get another "quality" home game...

Looks like Sac State is traveling to Cal Poly on September 12. No official confirmation I can find, but on the Sac State message board that's what they're saying.

http://www.hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopi...p?f=4&t=392

I'm really hoping for a Sam Houston game for that day now.......

Either that or Portland St. I am preparing myself for another DII or possibly NAIA game however :lol::D

If it comes down to the fact we aren't able to get a FCS team to Forks for the 5th home game, I would like to see UND entertain the idea of only four home games if it results in a quality team signing a home and home in the future...such as SDSU did a few years back.

Either that or Portland St. I am preparing myself for another DII or possibly NAIA game however :lol::D

If it comes down to the fact we aren't able to get a FCS team to Forks for the 5th home game, I would like to see UND entertain the idea of only four home games if it results in a quality team signing a home and home in the future...such as SDSU did a few years back.

Agreed. I would have no problem only having four home games this year if it makes for a few more down the road as we get closer to the end of this 5 years. Also, as the team reloads with recruits having more home games to take in as these young players mature would be a real treat for fans. Ideally not another NAIA or DII school.

Either that or Portland St. I am preparing myself for another DII or possibly NAIA game however :(:lol:

Sorry I did not quote you as the source in my posting above mplsbison... :D

Don't want to see a Sioux/Bison game any sooner than 2012, when both teams are playoff eligible. I understand that a team in transition is very much capable of beating an established I-AA team, but that isn't the point. It just don't want to see that particular matchup under those circumstances. The Bison had a very difficult time winning the Nickel on a level playing field from 1993 on, and I wouldn't want to see them so much as have the opportunity to win it back with the deck stacked in their favor.

Both teams are at 63 scholarships in 09 IIRC.

Both teams are at 63 scholarships in 09 IIRC.

UND will not have 63 scholarships for the 2009 season. On top of that, they will only have 2 recruiting classes with 57-60 scholarships vs. NDSU having 6 recruiting classes using 57-63 scholarships. That is an enormous difference in depth and also having six years of players that were targeted as FCS level recruits. The playing field will not be