SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

At this point, we may be looking at yet another 10 game schedule. I'm sure UND is doing everything possible to find an opponent for the Sept. 12 Potato Bowl date. If they can't fill it, the season opener won't come until October 3, which is also homecoming. They probably don't care who it is or which division they come from, just as long as it is a warm body. It doesn't sound like it will be Incarnate Word, though.

IMO, the only chance we have for an 11 game schedule is if by some miracle they can get a DI team in for the Potato Bowl. Then we could bring in any willing DII, DIII, NAIA school for one more game in either October or November. If the Potato Bowl opponent is a non-DI team (most likely), I'd say it's a 95% chance that we'll only have 10 games, with just 4 at home.

If I'm interpreting the NCAA Manual correctly, FCS teams cannot play more than two non-DI teams in a season (last year was an exception because it was transition year #1).

At this point, we may be looking at yet another 10 game schedule. I'm sure UND is doing everything possible to find an opponent for the Sept. 12 Potato Bowl date. If they can't fill it, the season opener won't come until October 3, which is also homecoming. They probably don't care who it is or which division they come from, just as long as it is a warm body. It doesn't sound like it will be Incarnate Word, though.

IMO, the only chance we have for an 11 game schedule is if by some miracle they can get a DI team in for the Potato Bowl. Then we could bring in any willing DII, DIII, NAIA school for one more game in either October or November. If the Potato Bowl opponent is a non-DI team (most likely), I'd say it's a 95% chance that we'll only have 10 games, with just 4 at home.

If I'm interpreting the NCAA Manual correctly, FCS teams cannot play more than two non-DI teams in a season (last year was an exception because it was transition year #1).

I'm sure you're corrrect with regard to UND doing everything possible to find an opponent for Sept. 12. I guess what I'm curious about is whether a) there simply aren't any FCS opponents looking for another road game at this point, or b) there just aren't any FCS opponents looking for a road game for the guarantee UND is offering (and I have no idea what that amount is).

At this point, we may be looking at yet another 10 game schedule. I'm sure UND is doing everything possible to find an opponent for the Sept. 12 Potato Bowl date. If they can't fill it, the season opener won't come until October 3, which is also homecoming.

Slight correction so there is no confusion. The home opener won't be until October 3rd. The season opener is still scheduled as an away game at Texas Tech. :lol:

Up to 5 non-DI teams in an 11-game schedule or 4 in a 10-game schedule. You might be confusing it with basketball, which only allows two non-DI games as part of the regular season.

20.9.8.2 Football Scheduling Requirement. [FCS] The institution shall schedule and play more than 50 percent of its football games against Football Bowl Subdivision or Football Championship Subdivision members. (Revised: 12/15/06)

As for playoff eligibility(I know it doesn't matter), there's a very hard suggestion to the selection committee to only consider teams with seven DI wins. This only applies to at-large selections, not the autobid winners. Theoretically, you could have a 3-8 or 3-9 team in the playoffs(depending on the year).

Up to 5 non-DI teams in an 11-game schedule or 4 in a 10-game schedule. You might be confusing it with basketball, which only allows two non-DI games as part of the regular season.

As for playoff eligibility(I know it doesn't matter), there's a very hard suggestion to the selection committee to only consider teams with seven DI wins. This only applies to at-large selections, not the autobid winners. Theoretically, you could have a 3-8 or 3-9 team in the playoffs(depending on the year).

Is this "hard" suggestion documented anywhere?

OMFG how hilarious is this. The guy who pulls more shat out of his backside and posts it as fact when it's nothing but his opinion and is almost always wrong is now demanding from another poster proof or links? Top it off with the fact that Hammer is one of the more educated posters on all message boards and is ten times more knowledgable then MNPLS and yet MNPLS wants links. You better start posting links for all your assinine assertions MNPLS. Oh wait we already know you post 99.9% BS so none will be forthcoming :lol:

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ_handb...ll_handbook.pdf

The following principles shall apply when selecting at-large teams:

1. The committee shall select the best teams available on a national at-large basis to

complete the bracket;

2. There is no limit to the number of teams the committee may select from one

conference;

3. The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team

OMFG how hilarious is this. The guy who pulls more shat out of his backside and posts it as fact when it's nothing but his opinion and is almost always wrong is now demanding from another poster proof or links? Top it off with the fact that Hammer is one of the more educated posters on all message boards and is ten times more knowledgable then MNPLS and yet MNPLS wants links. You better start posting links for all your assinine assertions MNPLS. Oh wait we already know you post 99.9% BS so none will be forthcoming :lol:

It appears every fanbase has a "DAVE K" or two. MPLS, do you know Dave K?

Kudo's to you my friend you are correct. MNPLS and DaveK are probably related. Brothers from another mother :lol:

Gotta love how Hammer dropped the Hammer on MNPLS with his Link. Way to go Hammer :lol:

That was bisonguy that had my back. I don't understand why Mpls would even question it; he's participated in dozens of threads on multiple sites where that section of the selection manual was posted. The seven-win requirement/instruction is brought up(either directly or indirectly) every year on AGS(since it was enacted) in at least a hundred different threads. What was he trying to accomplish by challenging it? He had to know better.

(I need the ?? smiley from BV; the one here just doesn't cut it.)

That was bisonguy.

Please learn to read English.

Oh Boy now not only are you the spelling police but you are the quote posting police :lol: What a rube. Still give props to Hammer and Bisonguy they both bitch slapped you. Sorry to the rest of the guys on here. Let you get back to your topic of scheduling. :lol:

Oh Boy now not only are you the spelling police but you are the quote posting police :lol: What a rube. Still give props to Hammer and Bisonguy they both bitch slapped you. Sorry to the rest of the guys on here. Let you get back to your topic of scheduling. :lol:

I didn't know if the "you may consider 7 DI wins" option was documented anywhere and they provided the link.

No slapping took place.