SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

59 minutes ago, tnt said:

Anyone know if Matvei Gridin is a college hockey candidate.  A 2006 leading the USHL in points.  Plays on a team with Boisvert and Croal, so I assume the coaches have seen him play.

I looked him up a while ago because I was curious. I saw an article from last year saying he has no desire to play college hockey. Sounds like he’s planning to just skip it and go pro. 

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I looked him up a while ago because I was curious. I saw an article from last year saying he has no desire to play college hockey. Sounds like he’s planning to just skip it and go pro. 

Well that answers that.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, scpa0305 said:

But…please take Leo Gruba and figure the rest out later.

Just going to repost this. Fairly clear now that Gruba may just be a player you make room for. Coaches should be in touch with him. Close to home too.

54 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Just going to repost this. Fairly clear now that Gruba may just be a player you make room for. Coaches should be in touch with him. Close to home too.

What happened with his SCSC commitment? His dad played there also. 

20 minutes ago, ChadR said:

What happened with his SCSC commitment? His dad played there also. 

No inside info but the chatter/rumors are that SCSU was not happy Gruba wanted to play another year in Fargo. I would guess that might have caused some tension that made him uncomfortable if there’s any truth to it. 

30 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I’m guessing he’ll wear maroon and gold but I do think he’s a player you make a push for.

I know some Minnesota fans are hoping Motzko brings him in after Christmas.   Of course they were super stoked about Clayton Phillips coming in early as well, and he was on to Penn State after a short stint with the gophers. 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I know some Minnesota fans are hoping Motzko brings him in after Christmas.   Of course they were super stoked about Clayton Phillips coming in early as well, and he was on to Penn State after a short stint with the gophers. 

Would definitely be a solid way at convincing him to go gophs 

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Solid couple days for the Goofs landing Pahlsson and Gruba from the USHL.  Still a relatively quiet recruiting cycle for them.

Really? Those two are huge gets, Mooney…they’re doing just fine. Eiserman obv a downer but I still don’t think he plays a college season. 

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Really? Those two are huge gets, Mooney…they’re doing just fine. Eiserman obv a downer but I still don’t think he plays a college season. 

They’re doing fine but their fans were definitely in a doom and gloom mood about it for a while. Kind of like we were the previous summer before commitments started to come in. 

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

They’re doing fine but their fans were definitely in a doom and gloom mood about it for a while. Kind of like we were the previous summer before commitments started to come in. 

Agreed…the Eiserman deal hurt them for sure. Even if MN misses out on some of the blue chips, they basically backfill with a bunch of overager studs. MN is so full of higher end players it’s silly. 

Gruba will be a very good college player some day. He fits the mold of player we typically get, that’s why I was so interested.

16 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

We? Lol. don’t group all of us into the doom and gloom group on this board. 

On 10/21/2023 at 11:46 PM, siouxforce19 said:

…just committed to Michigan