SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

17 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Watched the NTDP vs Elite League all stars earlier today. Takeaways- we really need Lindberg, very impressed by him. I don’t think missing out on Potter will be that big of a deal…because I believe there is a big chance he never plays college hockey at all. Best player I’ve seen in a while. O’Neil was solid, Kuene looks solid. Wasn’t hugely impressed with Schultz…could have been an off game .

Any uncommitteds on the all star team stand out?

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Boy Bubs and team needs to lock up Leo Gruba before he heads to the goofs 

This is one I was wondering if we would have any interest in? Older so would need to come in next year but I would think we could certainly make room with a few guys probably playing another year of juniors. And I just noticed that Heisenberg has Ausmus crossed out for us now? Anyone confirm he is no longer a commit?

7 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

This is one I was wondering if we would have any interest in? Older so would need to come in next year but I would think we could certainly make room with a few guys probably playing another year of juniors. And I just noticed that Heisenberg has Ausmus crossed out for us now? Anyone confirm he is no longer a commit?

We already have 3 defensemen scheduled to come in next year to replace the 3 we have that are out of eligibility. And I don’t think any of them are going to be playing another year of junior. Emery, Strathmann won’t be. Jubenvil ages out. So we’d have to make room for a ninth D unless there’s an unexpected departure. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Gruba, and would like him at UND, but just curious how we’d make room. 

16 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Was wondering about Ausmus, because if he was supposed to be more of an offensive defenseman, the numbers in the more wide open BCHL haven't been there.  

30 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

We already have 3 defensemen scheduled to come in next year to replace the 3 we have that are out of eligibility. And I don’t think any of them are going to be playing another year of junior. Emery, Strathmann won’t be. Jubenvil ages out. So we’d have to make room for a ninth D unless there’s an unexpected departure. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Gruba, and would like him at UND, but just curious how we’d make room. 

Oh yeah you're right. I don't know why I was thinking we would be losing 4 and not 3. And yes those 3 are definitely not playing another year of juniors. I'm guessing we probably aren't in then as we don't have room. 

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Good point 

On 9/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Forwards:

James Hagens (BC)
LJ Mooney
Zachary Morin (BU)
Cullen Potter (Mich St)
Cole McKinney (Mich)
William Moore
Lukas Sawchyn
Andrew O'Neill (UND)
Masun Fleece (PSU)
Jake Stuart
Cooper Simpson (UND)

Defensemen:

Logan Hensler (UW)
Sascha Boumedienne
Sam Laurila (UND)
Garrett Lindberg
Charlie Trethewey (BU)
Drew Schock (Mich)
Jacob Rombach
Carter Murphy

Goalies:

Caleb Heil (UND)

Rombach to the Gophers. Stuart committed to DU a while ago too.