SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

The only way I see this working is if they only let players who haven't signed an NHL contract. NHL teams could push their drafted players to the NCAA so they can sign them after 4 years instead of 2 before they lose the players rights.  

Interesting to see if it does happen.

17 hours ago, cberkas said:

The only way I see this working is if they only let players who haven't signed an NHL contract. NHL teams could push their drafted players to the NCAA so they can sign them after 4 years instead of 2 before they lose the players rights.  

Agreed. If this does pass it’s going to get a lot tougher to play college puck…and we’ll need 15-20 more teams to fill the supply. Tough for the late bloomers. 

On the flip side..college hockey would get a ton better.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed. If this does pass it’s going to get a lot tougher to play college puck…and we’ll need 15-20 more teams to fill the supply. Tough for the late bloomers. 

On the flip side..college hockey would get a ton better.

That would also open up the opportunity for players and goalies who barely played in the CHL. 

On 1/31/2024 at 8:06 PM, cberkas said:

He goes on with replies on Twitter.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/will-the-ncaa-open-its-doors-to-chl-players

Major Junior players to NCAA?

According to multiple sources, the main support lies within the Central Collegiate Hockey Association. The CCHA has lost several of its star players in the NCAA transfer portal to traditional powerhouses recently. Opening the CHL would greatly expand where they can find other talent.

Other leagues aren't convinced it's the right move.

The ECAC held an informal poll to gauge its members' feelings. They were unanimously opposed to the change.

A Herald straw poll of members in other leagues revealed the same — very little support.

Looks like Brasen Boser(Minot native) de-committed from Miami recently? At least according to recent Fargo Force line chart. I don’t follow recruiting closely so no idea if a “prospective recruit.”

This is all I could find on Twitter erm X talking about it…. /shrug

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Looks like Brasen Boser(Minot native) de-committed from Miami recently? At least according to recent Fargo Force line chart. I don’t follow recruiting closely so no idea if a “prospective recruit.”

This is all I could find on Twitter erm X talking about it…. /shrug

They are talking about this and other accounts that are fake on Miami's fan forum.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

A few players with UND connections on that list.
Graney from Hazen is the kid of a girl I graduated HS with...would be cool to see him get a college look.

Great Kid, Great family, he should get a look in juniors somewhere. Tough road out of Hazen but he's a good hockey player and works hard.

• Upvote 2

Kind of surprising to see Michael Emerson's stats being not as strong as last year once he left UND to head back to the USHL.
I thought with him being a year older than he'd put up some big numbers and then transfer to another school.
He's not doing poorly...just not as well as he did the season before he came to UND.

22/23 - 1.07 pts/gm
23/24 (so far) - 0.81 pts/gm

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Kind of surprising to see Michael Emerson's stats being not as strong as last year once he left UND to head back to the USHL.
I thought with him being a year older than he'd put up some big numbers and then transfer to another school.
He's not doing poorly...just not as well as he did the season before he came to UND.

22/23 - 1.07 pts/gm
23/24 (so far) - 0.81 pts/gm

Chicago isn’t scoring as much this year, which isn’t a huge surprise without Perron, Livanavage and Cellibrini.

• Upvote 2

The Lund dman out of Warroad. I’ve tracked him for a while and he always put up very good stats for a dman. He’s also listed at 6’3”. Im assuming he has D1 offers but I never hear anyone talk about him. There’s obviously a difference between stats and the “eye test”. Either he’s sitting on offers quietly or it’s a factor of him being huge, playing a ton (in Warroad), and the fact it’s HS hockey (especially single A hockey).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

The Lund dman out of Warroad. I’ve tracked him for a while and he always put up very good stats for a dman. He’s also listed at 6’3”. Im assuming he has D1 offers but I never hear anyone talk about him. There’s obviously a difference between stats and the “eye test”. Either he’s sitting on offers quietly or it’s a factor of him being huge, playing a ton (in Warroad), and the fact it’s HS hockey (especially single A hockey).

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/prep/ryan-lund-carrying-a-heavy-workload-for-state-bound-warroad

In the Section 8A championship game last Saturday against East Grand Forks Senior High, Lund played a whopping 50 minutes, 9 seconds of a game that lasted 62:18. Warroad won 4-3 in double overtime.

:0