SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

6 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

The Lund dman out of Warroad. I’ve tracked him for a while and he always put up very good stats for a dman. He’s also listed at 6’3”. Im assuming he has D1 offers but I never hear anyone talk about him. There’s obviously a difference between stats and the “eye test”. Either he’s sitting on offers quietly or it’s a factor of him being huge, playing a ton (in Warroad), and the fact it’s HS hockey (especially single A hockey).

I've wondered why he isn't committed somewhere every time I've watched him the last 2 seasons. Seems like an ideal package of what you want in a defenseman good size, offensive skill, skates well, heavy shot, and can bring physical element. Always been very impressed with him. Would bet a lot of people will be talking about him these next few days after seeing him in the tournament again.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, SiouxFanatic said:

Looks like Brasen Boser(Minot native) de-committed from Miami recently? At least according to recent Fargo Force line chart. I don’t follow recruiting closely so no idea if a “prospective recruit.”

This is all I could find on Twitter erm X talking about it…. /shrug

Looks like Stew was a bit off with his "when UND calls everything goes out the window" comment.
Boser to ASU, announced today.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:47 AM, scpa0305 said:

The Lund dman out of Warroad. I’ve tracked him for a while and he always put up very good stats for a dman. He’s also listed at 6’3”. Im assuming he has D1 offers but I never hear anyone talk about him. There’s obviously a difference between stats and the “eye test”. Either he’s sitting on offers quietly or it’s a factor of him being huge, playing a ton (in Warroad), and the fact it’s HS hockey (especially single A hockey).

What’s the scouting report on Freddie Schneider? Impressive numbers for a freshman.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:47 AM, scpa0305 said:

I texted my buddy in Warroad about him on Wednesday. He said the word around town is that Mankato is the onlyh team that's shown interest so far.

23 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I texted my buddy in Warroad about him on Wednesday. He said the word around town is that Mankato is the onlyh team that's shown interest so far.

I still haven’t really watched him play that much. There must be a reason.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

He has shown some flashes of talent in today's game but has also been a bit sloppy at times.....and I think that was him who could have defended better on the Cathedral game-tying goal late.

8 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

He has shown some flashes of talent in today's game but has also been a bit sloppy at times.....and I think that was him who could have defended better on the Cathedral game-tying goal late.

Uff, and similarly on the game-losing goal he again didn't protect the slot and didn't do much to prevent the goal.  Small sample size and he may be an outstanding player, but if so this wasn't a good game for him.

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

How about Mason West? 6’5” as a soph.

Raw but super good. He was at the 40 man camp last year so he’s a known commodity. I think folks are trying to figure out if he’s leaning football or hockey.

15 hours ago, burd said:

Wonder which coach/alum was primarily responsible for spotting and recruiting Gaber.  He wasn’t heavily recruited, as I recall.

He was committed to Western and flipped when he started playing really well in the USHL as recall.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

He was committed to Western and flipped when he started playing really well in the USHL as recall.

They said he was given an ultimatum of 2 days, not sure if that was from Western Michigan or not. 

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They said he was given an ultimatum of 2 days, not sure if that was from Western Michigan or not. 

It was definitely Western. 

… I think a lot of the decommits that happen are because of this exact situation where kids are given a deadline to commit. 

27 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Puck Preps has him at 5 star. Blue chip status, but baggage is well known.

Not to me.  What is the story?  I assume the baggage is the reason that he has played for several teams?