SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Does anyone have any info on what direction the two F/M dmen from the NTDP might be leaning?  Lindberg and Kuehne.
We have a good group of incoming dmen, but hate to lose out on those local ND boys, especially when they are high skill.

I heard quite a while back that Lindberg was down to UND and DU so I'm a little surprised he hasn't committed anywhere yet. I get the feeling the longer he takes the more likely he chooses DU but don't have any inside knowledge. 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:53 PM, brianvf said:

Does anyone have any info on what direction the two F/M dmen from the NTDP might be leaning?  Lindberg and Kuehne.
We have a good group of incoming dmen, but hate to lose out on those local ND boys, especially when they are high skill.

I don't think Kuehne is eligible yet. He's a fall birthday so he's only a Sophomore I believe. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2023 at 6:41 AM, I Ranger said:

I heard quite a while back that Lindberg was down to UND and DU so I'm a little surprised he hasn't committed anywhere yet. I get the feeling the longer he takes the more likely he chooses DU but don't have any inside knowledge. 

Super tough decision for an undersized skilled dman. Nodak plays a more conservative style…DU is more wagon wheel. Both have positives/negatives. 

24 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Super tough decision for an undersized skilled dman. Nodak plays a more conservative style…DU is more wagon wheel. Both have positives/negatives. 

Although, I am thinking the one thing UND is missing right now is a skilled defenseman to run a power play unit.   Livanavage is growing into the role, and Pyke has been good, but we could use an elite guy to run another one of the power play units down the road.  Strathman is probably a guy that fits the bill, and Wiebe has some potential, but certainly could use more guys with an elite upside that still pays attention to the defensive end of the ice. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, tnt said:

Although, I am thinking the one thing UND is missing right now is a skilled defenseman to run a power play unit.   Livanavage is growing into the role, and Pyke has been good, but we could use an elite guy to run another one of the power play units down the road.  Strathman is probably a guy that fits the bill, and Wiebe has some potential, but certainly could use more guys with an elite upside that still pays attention to the defensive end of the ice. 

Yep we need him. We do have nice young PP QBs on the current roster and coming in next year. But…the more puck movers the better.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I’ve heard the name before but don’t know much about him. 

How about Cooper Siegert from Shakopee? I've been checking Shakopee boxscores since that is where Cooper Simpson is back playing and noticed he is scoring at a similar rate to Simpson and is only a sophomore. 

On 12/24/2023 at 11:52 AM, I Ranger said:

How about Cooper Siegert from Shakopee? I've been checking Shakopee boxscores since that is where Cooper Simpson is back playing and noticed he is scoring at a similar rate to Simpson and is only a sophomore. 

Yep, he’s really good. Small though.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:41 AM, I Ranger said:

Turns out it was between CC and UND. 

• 2 weeks later...

What does anyone know about Zac Zimmerman from Moorhead?  Averaging over a point per game as a freshman with a traditionally strong program is pretty impressive. Even better numbers than Mason Kraft who is committed to Minnesota State.

14 hours ago, tnt said:

What does anyone know about Zac Zimmerman from Moorhead?  Averaging over a point per game as a freshman with a traditionally strong program is pretty impressive. Even better numbers than Mason Kraft who is committed to Minnesota State.

He’s good but probably should be considered a sophomore…has to be the oldest frosh in the state 

On 1/20/2024 at 4:13 AM, cberkas said:

Canadians need to develop a non CHL league to compete with the USHL. They are losing a lot of their high end kids coming to the US to play. Rather than their home Junior leagues 

• Upvote 1