SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, tomorrow is a holy day on the calendars of @stoneySIOUX and @AJS. I expect both will be burning alms* before their recruiting shrines and saying hourly "Our Parise" prayers**.

*Not sure what stoney will be burning
**If you don't get that humor, you're young, Sonmor and Nanne are names you should know, and Zach Parise was, is, and forever shall be, the (alleged) "savior" of UND Hockey. :D 

Thank Parise!

Herald article on Moorhead dman Lindberg:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/moorhead-defenseman-garrett-lindberg-sorting-through-his-college-recruitment

Lindberg has already made unofficial visits to UND and Minnesota. He will likely visit Colorado College, where his older brother, Gavin, is committed, as well as Minnesota Duluth.

Lindberg said he will not be making a decision right away on Aug. 1.

"It hasn't been a super tough process," Lindberg said. "I've always had a feel. I don't have 30 schools contacting me. It's about six or seven, so it's not tough."

The six or seven are among college hockey's most prominent, though.

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The seven I'm watching most are Hensler, Mooney, Lindberg, Laurila, Cullen Potter, O'Neill, Heil.

Add Fleece and Morin and this is my watchlist as well. Come out with 2 D, 2-3 forwards and a goalie from that list and I would be over the moon.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SpudsSioux said:

Add Fleece and Morin and this is my watchlist as well. Come out with 2 D, 2-3 forwards and a goalie from that list and I would be over the moon.

I still say Lee should be in the mix too. He def doesn’t get the play he deserves. Most likely a long shot though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I don't think we will be hearing anything on Heil as he is playing in the Hlinka Gretzky cup currently. 

I wouldn’t assume that would be the reason. If he’s still undecided, probably not, but if he’s set on a school, he could commit. A couple years ago we got one committed who was playing in this tournament. 

55 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Oh, I doubt we hear from all of these guys right away tomorrow. I'm saying it in general.

Right. In his podcast, Schlossman reminded the listeners that last year was VERY slow for commitments. We didn’t get our third commit until sometime in November. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The seven I'm watching most are Hensler, Mooney, Lindberg, Laurila, Cullen Potter, O'Neill, Heil.

What year would these kids be eligible to come in? Tier wise, how high level are these guys? Potential draft rounds?

4 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Right. In his podcast, Schlossman reminded the listeners that last year was VERY slow for commitments. We didn’t get our third commit until sometime in November. 

Plus 2 of our known targets have already said they won’t be committing right away, and there are rumors about a third doing the same. So no one needs to hit the panic button tomorrow.  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

What year would these kids be eligible to come in? Tier wise, how high level are these guys? Potential draft rounds?

Hensler is talked about as a high, high first rounder and would very likely play one year or MAYBE 2 of college at 18. The rest, I'd put Mooney, Lindberg, and Laurila in a group that'll take a year maybe two in junior. Upper to mid rounds. The rest, as of right now since they are only 16 and that goes for all of them, frankly, are mid to late rounders. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Plus 2 of our known targets have already said they won’t be committing right away, and there are rumors about a third doing the same. So no one needs to hit the panic button tomorrow.  :)

So Alex Bump just entered the portal per Schloss.  When do they announce him as a new UND committ

In the spirit of continuing to poke in good fun at @stoneySIOUX and @AJS ... and now @SpudsSioux ... today is their Christmas Eve! 

They leave Krampade out by the fireplace tonight! :D 

" ... the NLIs were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that in morning there'd be signatures there ... " 

9 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

So Alex Bump just entered the portal per Schloss.  When do they announce him as a new UND committ

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Schlossman is vindicated from the other day! 

Queue @gfhockey... I don't think we want him ;).

Smells like Minnesota, but apparently he wants to stay out east. We'll see

24 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

If they don't accelerate, two years. All of these players would be going into their Junior years. The rumor is that Hensler has accelerated. To be consistent, here are the Puckpreps rankings for those players (by Birth Year / American).

• Hensler - 4th
  • Laurila - NR
  • Potter - 1st
  • Mooney - 2nd
  • O'Neill - 33rd
  • Lindberg - 86th

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

If they don't accelerate, two years. All of these players would be going into their Junior years. The rumor is that Hensler has accelerated. To be consistent, here are the Puckpreps rankings for those players (by Birth Year / American).

• Hensler - 4th
  • Laurila - NR
  • Potter - 1st
  • Mooney - 2nd
  • O'Neill - 33rd
  • Lindberg - 86th

Holy eff, I didn't realize Potter was rated that highly!

Hensler and Laurila are both accelerating so could come in as early as 2024. Hensler seems like a lock to come in 2024 to wherever he commits. Laurila likely plays a year of juniors. I think those are the only two eligible for 2024 Draft. Laurila is very very young for the draft (makes the cut-off by about 2 weeks) so he's got his work cut out of for him to move up. Will need to have a big season on the 18s. Hensler seems like a top 10 lock at this point.

Fleece and Morin both considered potential 1st round picks as well and will be 2025 prospects.

Edit: Hensler is 2025 eligible for draft, not 2024. Thanks @siouxforce19

Edited by SpudsSioux
inaccurate info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpudsSioux said:

Hensler and Laurila are both accelerating so could come in as early as 2024. Hensler seems like a lock to come in 2024 to wherever he commits. Laurila likely plays a year of juniors. I think those are the only two eligible for 2024 Draft. Laurila is very very young for the draft (makes the cut-off by about 2 weeks) so he's got his work cut out of for him to move up. Will need to have a big season on the 18s. Hensler seems like a top 10 lock at this point.

Fleece and Morin both considered potential 1st round picks as well and will be 2025 prospects.

Isn’t Hensler a 2025 draft eligible?