SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Newest UND Hockey Podcast is out. Part of the focus was on potential recruits to watch. When Schlossman talks recruiting, you always try to read between the lines. Does he know more than he's letting on. Recently, when Zmolek entered the portal, the amount of time they spent talking about him made you wonder. Two names were mentioned that I got the same type of feeling, made me wonder if they know something more. Caleb Heil (G) and Masun Fleece (F). Nothing else stuck out to me, except there was zero mention of Hensler. 

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

Newest UND Hockey Podcast is out. Part of the focus was on potential recruits to watch. When Schlossman talks recruiting, you always try to read between the lines. Does he know more than he's letting on. Recently, when Zmolek entered the portal, the amount of time they spent talking about him made you wonder. Two names were mentioned that I got the same type of feeling, made me wonder if they know something more. Caleb Heil (G) and Masun Fleece (F). Nothing else stuck out to me, except there was zero mention of Hensler. 

I have suspected Caleb Heil has been a target basically since last summer. No inside info, just based on social media activity and the fact that he comes from a program we have recruited from before. 

18 minutes ago, burd said:

How are they doing on culture?   

I hope some of those savages are taking Art Appreciation or English Romantic Poetry this summer.  

Music of the Renaissance 675 conflicted with Art Appreciation. 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

At CC, I barely passed The Splendor of the Baroque. I naively assumed it was going to be an easy elective. It was proof to me that the only culture I have is between my toes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

At CC, I barely passed The Splendor of the Baroque. I naively assumed it was going to be an easy elective. It was proof to me that the only culture I have is between my toes.

I helped a buddy TA a "Physics for Poets" lab at UND. I felt safer in motors/machines lab in engineering! :D 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I took an appreciation of art class at BSU, and I had to work very hard to get a C. I was only taking that class, because I was interested in a woman that was in the class.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I helped a buddy TA a "Physics for Poets" lab at UND. I felt safer in motors/machines lab in engineering! :D 

Teaching them the one-paragraph story of muon decay in lieu of relativity math?

16 minutes ago, burd said:

Teaching them the one-paragraph story of muon decay in lieu of relativity math?

Nah ... how to read a thermometer ... and not spill a dewar full of LN2 on my foot. :glare:

Great read on physics requiring no more than grade eight math is by Asimov. Seriously. Yes, the sci-fi writer is also a physicist that can bring the level down. Wish I'd read it before taking any college physics classes. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, brianvf said:

A Goofer twitter account, so who knows its accuracy.  ;) 

Little to no confidence in the accuracy of this guy. I don’t think he actually has any inside information to most of what he posts. Just seems like speculating to me on most of what he says. 

Also I have now seen three versions of Hensler’s top 3 and they are all different lol. 

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Nah ... how to read a thermometer ... and not spill a dewar full of LN2 on my foot. :glare:

Great read on physics requiring no more than grade eight math is by Asimov. Seriously. Yes, the sci-fi writer is also a physicist that can bring the level down. Wish I'd read it before taking any college physics classes. 

Did you have Olen Kraus?  Best teacher I had as an undergraduate. 

On 7/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, siouxforce19 said:

I have suspected Caleb Heil has been a target basically since last summer. No inside info, just based on social media activity and the fact that he comes from a program we have recruited from before. 

Heil has , as many goalies do, A long long way to go.

Has been good in camps but I think he's going to need to prove himself at the USHL before he gets serious offers.

I'd put him at a bit overrated as of now but who knows.

On 7/28/2023 at 1:35 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Heil has , as many goalies do, A long long way to go.

Has been good in camps but I think he's going to need to prove himself at the USHL before he gets serious offers.

I'd put him at a bit overrated as of now but who knows.

His numbers (as a 16 yr old) in the ushl look pretty good.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:12 AM, AJS said:

Fleece was a really good youth player, still really solid obviously. One player I’ve been interested in is Ryker Lee. They played together at SSM last year and Lee’s production was double. Two different north years but they’re only two months apart. Lee is a late birthdate. 

19 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

His numbers (as a 16 yr old) in the ushl look pretty good.

They do, watching some of the games he was used very selectively.

In the 16U games I've watched he's been good, I'm just saying it's going to be a long road. He struggled a bit more often at the 16U level (at the same time his Sioux Falls D wasn't all that spectacular either).

Hes a good goalie, hes going to have official offers on Tuesday for sure, just should be patient.

Well, tomorrow is a holy day on the calendars of @stoneySIOUX and @AJS. I expect both will be burning alms* before their recruiting shrines and saying hourly "Our Parise" prayers**.

*Not sure what stoney will be burning
**If you don't get that humor, you're young, Sonmor and Nanne are names you should know, and Zach Parise was, is, and forever shall be, the (alleged) "savior" of UND Hockey. :D 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Well, tomorrow is a holy day on the calendars of @stoneySIOUX and @AJS. I expect both will be burning alms* before their recruiting shrines and saying hourly "Our Parise" prayers**.

*Not sure what stoney will be burning
**If you don't get that humor, you're young, Sonmor and Nanne are names you should know, and Zach Parise was, is, and forever shall be, the (alleged) "savior" of UND Hockey. :D 

And for the ones we were in ina nd didn’t get

The infamous “we didn’t want him”

3 minutes ago, burd said:

I like this time of year because it's prime woulda coulda shoulda time, and it brings out the best woulda coulda shoulda recruitment experts.  

Like this guy?
That's one recruit tracking map. :D 

explain-plan.gif (498×498)