SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Purple Cows

stoneySIOUX

13 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

He has one of the most memorable UND goals in my mind. I wanna say it was his sophomore season at CC. He went 200 feet and beat all five CC defenders and scored. It was a thing of beauty. 

But then, it's always a thing of beauty when they score against CC.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

He has one of the most memorable UND goals in my mind. I wanna say it was his sophomore season at CC. He went 200 feet and beat all five CC defenders and scored. It was a thing of beauty. 

Thought you were going to say that backhander in the crazy comeback vs Denver last year. The stick salute game. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2024 at 4:48 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

That's wild after losing Gaber, Blake, & Johannes

The quote saying we returned 83 goals, although true, needs a little bit of context. We scored 151 goals last year and Blake either scored or assisted on 60 of those goals, indicating he played a role in 40% of every goal we scored last year. We have a ton of depth this year, but replacing Blake’s points is going to be an uphill battle some nights because depth doesn’t always give you that go-to line or go-to guy that you can always count on when you’re trailing a goal or 2 in the 3rd period. Hopefully one of these lines pops off the page or maybe each one will be rolling a different night but there has to eventually be the one(s) you can always rely on.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Thought you were going to say that backhander in the crazy comeback vs Denver last year. The stick salute game. 

I was at that game. Crazy night! A buddy of mine who really isn’t much of a college hockey fan went with me and was just absolutely thrilled, shocked, amused, and happy to have attended that game in person! I guess DU got the last laugh at the end of the day but that was and is a very memorable game in UND lore for sure. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2024 at 8:33 AM, BigGreyAnt41 said:

https://www.midcosports.com/streaming/

Do you know which one we would need to watch the game?  The cheap package has "Midco Sports", which should cover the game, but the middle package is what has CCHA TV.  I'm assuming I'd only want the middle package if I want all the CCHA games, right?

I'm hoping I can just sign up for a month of the cheap package to get both games.

I signed up for Midco and I am waiting to receive an email back.  The problem is I can not be home to watch the game live.  NCHCTV, Flo TV, etc. lets a viewer review the game later or even backup the game to the beginning.  This does not seem to be the case for Midco.  Does anyone have a working knowledge of how MIDCO accommodates or do you know of another location to receive CCHA games on a delayed basis.  I went to the CCHATV and it sent me to Midco.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nice article from Schloss today on Mac Swanson.  Did not know he was Brian Swansons son....my feel old moment of the day. 

Ha, literally just linked that in the other thread.  Great article for sure. 
Noticed that the article mentioned that he has a younger bro too that also plays hockey.  Maybe in another few years... ;)

12 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

If Hobie is healthy, does he get a game in this weekend? I sure hope so. I’d like to see a 2 goalie rotation until February. 

I’d like to see us rely on a non-transfer player portal goalie for the first time in a while. Scared Hobie leaves if he doesn’t get enough experience as a starter

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

I’d like to see us rely on a non-transfer player portal goalie for the first time in a while. Scared Hobie leaves if he doesn’t get enough experience as a starter

Every interview I’ve heard from Berry so far this year Berry has pushed back on anyone who has suggested TJ is our starter. Which seems to indicate we are going to see more of a rotation. But we’ll see.