SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa @ UND 10/19/24

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I'm not willing to hang my hat on the offence.   zero TD's on their opening drives.  Much rather have have the other team need to drive the length of the field on their opening drive than give them a short field after our Offense goes 3 and out.

So what I'm hearing is that we have an offense that can't score points against good teams and a defense that gives up lots of points against good teams... specifically to start the game...

Sounds like a recipe for success! Just win baby!!

33 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I'm not willing to hang my hat on the offence.   zero TD's on their opening drives.  Much rather have have the other team need to drive the length of the field on their opening drive than give them a short field after our Offense goes 3 and out.

Assumes we don't kick the ball off out of bounds :sneaky:

• Like 1

After a by week and getting knocked around at SU, I think the team comes out pretty fired up and we look pretty good.  Bubba is usually pretty good at sprinkling in some false hope now and then, since we are at home after a Bye week....I think this could be one of those games.  We'll see. 

19 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Assumes we don't kick the ball off out of bounds :sneaky:

Hasn't our kicking game done well after some early season issues? According to the announcers, they are asking him to kick it into the left corner which comes with that risk. 

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

We are 4-2, at home against a team that is 2-3. Their two wins were a struggle against two non-scholly schools. They were pummeled in their last four games. Most fan boards would be allowing themselves to be optimistic and upbeat about their team. 

Two down votes for this post - this place has too many FINOs (fans in name only). 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Two down votes for this post - this place has too many FINOs (fans in name only). 

I can't wait to see the unveiling of your statue in front of the Alerus for being such a blindly positive fan on this message board!!

Also, nobody is forcing you to come on this site :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Big Green said:

Probably not.

Really wish the Coaching staff would spend the extra week preparing Jerry to take over the starting spot.  IMO We have seen enough of Romfo to know he wouldn't take us far.  Guessing If he is the starter the full year he will be the default starter week 1 next year.  The next few game are against weaker competition.  Get him a few games played before the SD's schools come to town.

I can dream, can't I.

I totally agree.  Romfo has benefited from a soft schedule and those games were all at home.  Now credit him for the Montana game, that was a great win.  USD and SDSU will show if he is "the guy" moving forward.  If he plays poorly against both those teams, you have to give Jerry a chance in the last game.  Need to see what we have for him.  Would be a shame to see him transfer without really seeing what he can do on a full weeks prep of being a starter.

• Like 3