SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 10/5/24

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

I’m just asking for a fun game. Don’t get blown out. With our running game, I don’t see that happening. Excited. Let’s kick some bison tush!

No moral victories. If you ain’t first, you’re last! Gonna be tough to win in Fargo, but this is why you lift all them weights (paging new S&C coach) … big game, tough game, huge opportunity. All you can ask for. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'd guess it will be around 10 with the home field advantage for NDSU. 

O/U probably in the 50's somewhere. 

If SU opens up as a double digit favorite that will be more about the perception about UND...not NDSU. The wise guys just aren't buying UND at this point.

• Upvote 1

A win in Fargo is an upset, let's be honest.  The only team that can go in there & win, and have it not be an upset is SDSU.  At home I would expect UND to battle them for four quarters and win.

But in the antiquated 1990-themed Fargodome I do not expect a win but I sure think they can win with a very well played game.  

• Upvote 3

Let's just not do the thing where we miss an extra point or give up a TD on a long throw into double coverage.

Or letting a fullback run crazy on A gap power over and over and over again.

Wouldn't mind us taking a shot or two when they throw a ton of bodies into the box.  

This week will tell us a lot about Simon as well.  A big spot for him.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Let's just not do the thing where we miss an extra point or give up a TD on a long throw into double coverage.

Or letting a fullback run crazy on A gap power over and over and over again.

Wouldn't mind us taking a shot or two when they throw a ton of bodies into the box.  

This week will tell us a lot about Simon as well.  A big spot for him.

This Simon and the defense.  I think Bo has a big day.  Not sure the DBs can stop Bo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Offensively I think Simon has to have his best game. Need Sawyer to make big plays both on kick offs to shorten the field and some long runs. And just get a meat and potatoes day out of our other two running backs. They do and we control the time of possession. Would also be a good time to see our tight ends get more involved in the offense. It seems like they were trying a little bit more last week. Lastly need to see Caden Dennis or Nate D get loose after Bo opens some space for them as a decoy to run under one. How about a Kory Tai, don’t know how to spell his name, package for this game.
Defensively we need to stay disciplined. We need to tackle in space. We cannot allow Cam Miller to take the game over with his legs. Stopping them will be difficult at home. But if we can hold them to some field goals that keeps us in the game, waiting for those opportunities to make a big play either with a turnover or two or with a special teams play. We need a big day out of our defense line. If they help control the line of scrimmage, we have a legit shot. I think it’s gonna be a tall task to win in Fargo, but I feel better about this team doing it than any other since they’ve gone division one.

• Upvote 1