SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My daughter's take (7 years old):

"If the goalie doesn't get scored on and we score we win both games daddy."

Its on Ludvig.  

Saw Ludvig changed his social media profile pic to this.....

MV5BMTk4NTc0MjE0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc4NDE5Mw@@._V1_.jpg

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe it’s not the players but the system , Johnson did ok at OSU and Moore did fine at quinnipiac 

Moore has been really good. Johnson…ya did ok I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Moore couldn’t handle the pressure of playing at UND. 

Respectfully, I highly doubt that was the case. I always liked his game however he was def prone to the dummy mistake at times. Everyone figures it out at different times. I really wished he was still here however he def got in Bub’s doghouse.

His numbers are solid, especially his +/-. One this to consider though is Q’s schedule is a bit weaker playing in the ECAC. Besides Cornell…it’s all cupcakes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Wrong. Pretty good season for him playing him playing 20+ mins a night. 5 g 8 a -1 64 blocks.  

LOL ok. You didn't watch him play, apparently. All good, though. It's an irrelevant conversation, honestly.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Why? Michigan isn't great defensively. I could certainly see a 6-2 UND boat race

This team is much better defensively than the Michigan we are used to seeing. Goaltending is just ok, but they have definitely improved on their structural team  defense as this season has progressed. They are trending in the right direction at the right time of the year, unfortunately for us. 

2 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

This team is much better defensively than the Michigan we are used to seeing. Goaltending is just ok, but they have definitely improved on their structural team  defense as this season has progressed. They are trending in the right direction at the right time of the year, unfortunately for us. 

I didn't say they were bad, I said they weren't great, which I think is fair. We can score like they can, too. I don't see any reason we can't have a little confidence in our team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I didn't say they were bad, I said they weren't great, which I think is fair. We can score like they can, too. I don't see any reason we can't have a little confidence in our team. 

I'd say some people are worried because we just got cleanly beaten by a team that is worse on paper than we are. But as good as I think we are on paper, Michigan probably looks better offensively and driving some defense from the back end. So if paper comes to real life along with our recent play, we are going to struggle.  If we play the way we did at home against Denver and Western, I think we have a decent chance.  Oh and stay out of the box, please. 

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

How about UND gets the first couple goals and then we go from there?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Blackheart said:

How about UND gets the first couple goals and then we go from there?

First couple of goals sounds key. we scored first in 3 of the 4 losses to Omaha and that didn't pan out so great so we need to build ourselves a lead and run with it by actually holding it or just building it further. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I'd say some people are worried because we just got cleanly beaten by a team that is worse on paper than we are. But as good as I think we are on paper, Michigan probably looks better offensively and driving some defense from the back end. So if paper comes to real life along with our recent play, we are going to struggle.  If we play the way we did at home against Denver and Western, I think we have a decent chance.  Oh and stay out of the box, please. 

I've thought all season that we match up better against more skilled teams and I think the record has shown that. I'm confident we can do it. 

Stay out of the box. Yes, yes, yes. It's a must.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I've thought all season that we match up better against more skilled teams and I think the record has shown that. I'm confident we can do it. 

Stay out of the box. Yes, yes, yes/

Keep that 35% power play off the ice for the Wolverine.

image.png.9671c253809c571cca9198205ea1e926.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Works for me. Go tell Bubs to yell that to the team ;)

Maybe not yell...how about he whispers it softly to them when they're in the attitude chamber?

• Upvote 1