SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This whole tournament is so wide open, you could throw darts at a board and get some of them right.

Shhh! ... SHHHH!!!

Don't give away my "process". 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This whole tournament is so wide open, you could throw darts at a board and get some of them right.

I agree.  There are 10-12 teams that I wouldn't be overly surprised if they won it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jk said:

I don't actually think Kunz is a grinder, he's just a big skill player.  Of course James is much faster, but I'm not sure he's any more skilled, in terms of hands and vision.  I also don't think it's a demotion so much as trying to assemble a checking line that can take on an opponent's best players.  I don't think Kunz could keep up in that assignment, but James can.  That's also the role where I think James can carve out an NHL career.

James is also a fantastic penalty killer. Everyone has a role to play. James will have his time to shine next year.

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Michigan is #3 nationally in scoring offense. UND is #8. Neither team is top 10 in scoring defense. 

And unlike prior years, the Big 10 is very good this year.  

Was, but that's all over, now that it's nut cuttin' time.  

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per Schloss "The Situation" will be starting in net tomorrow. 

which one is "The Situation"? and why are we calling him "The Situation"? I missed something. Are we going with "Cheese"?:blink::blink:

17 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

which one is "The Situation"? and why are we calling him "The Situation"? I missed something. Are we going with "Cheese"?:blink::blink:

Lol it's Persson. Someone referenced the goalie "Situation" earlier this week, so I think that's where that's coming from.

18 minutes ago, rhenry8439 said:

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol it's Persson. Someone referenced the goalie "Situation" earlier this week, so I think that's where that's coming from.

As for who "The Situation" on Jersey Shore is... how much time do you have?

1 hour ago, WiSioux said:

I cannot wait to see the camera angles for our regional... I can't imagine with how small the rink is that there would be many options. I hope I'm wrong.

ESPN usually does a good job at the technical aspects of its productions.

But we'll see how it looks at 4pm CT for WMU v Michigan State. 

13 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

ESPN usually does a good job at the technical aspects of its productions.

But we'll see how it looks at 4pm CT for WMU v Michigan State. 

Will there be cameras on the blue line or will we get the view from a couple hundred feet away from the opposite end of the arena?:glare:

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you have 4 zero gravity dry float beds in the locker/weight room that should equate to more than 1 NCAA win since 2016......just saying.

Meant to post this here......

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Will there be cameras on the blue line or will we get the view from a couple hundred feet away from the opposite end of the arena?:glare:

We did get bit by production deficiencies on that occasion. 

26 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

We did get bit by production deficiencies on that occasion. 

We got bit by incompetent linesman who  somehow overruled an onside call by looking at a camera angle from the opposite end of the ice. There were other angles available but people were standing and blocking the view. Since there was no replay that could show a definitive view of offsides the refs decided to…change the call on the ice.

• Like 1