SiouxSports.com Forum

Maryland Heights Regional -- UND vs Mich & MSU vs WMU

brianvf

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm slightly surprised by this, but the majority CHN's writers have us going through to St. Paul and only one have 9 have us losing in the first round:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/ncaa/picksRegionals.php

They have 4 of 9 picking  Cornell over DU?  Inconceivable!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm slightly surprised by this, but the majority CHN's writers have us going through to St. Paul and only one have 9 have us losing in the first round:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/ncaa/picksRegionals.php

Crap. 
I guess we're the guy in the white jacket. 

500full.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When we beat Michigan you guys can thank me for picking them.  When they beat us....I knew something the writers didn't. 

I'll gladly thank anyone. Just want the dang win!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

First couple of goals sounds key. we scored first in 3 of the 4 losses to Omaha and that didn't pan out so great so we need to build ourselves a lead and run with it by actually holding it or just building it further. 

First couple of goals.  Didn't that happen in 98 at Yost?

Here's a goalie comp between the presumed starting goalies, Barczewski and Persson:

Barczewski, 25 yo, Gr, 34 Games, 2.83 GAA, .907 SV%, 2 SH

Persson, 24 yo, Sr, 33 Games, 2.47 GAA, .906 SV%, 5 SH

IMO, they're pretty similar except for the accent (Barczewski is from Missouri). They're both about the same age, they're both about the same size, they both have a lot of college experience, they're both at their second school, they both have similar numbers, and they've both been good-but-not-great. (Nationally, the median team SV% this season was almost exactly .900. and the median GAA was almost exactly 3.00.)

The biggest question around the goaltenders appears to be the mystery surrounding Ludvig and his situation. 

Just now, Kevin G said:

Here's a goalie comp between the presumed starting goalies, Barczewski and Persson:

Barczewski, 25 yo, Gr, 34 Games, 2.83 GAA, .907 SV%, 2 SH

Persson, 24 yo, Sr, 33 Games, 2.47 GAA, .906 SV%, 5 SH

IMO, they're pretty similar except for the accent (Barczewski is from Missouri). They're both about the same age, they're both about the same size, they both have a lot of college experience, they're both at their second school, they both have similar numbers, and they've both been good-but-not-great. (Nationally, the median team SV% this season was almost exactly .900. and the median GAA was almost exactly 3.00.)

The biggest question around the goaltenders appears to be the mystery surrounding Ludvig and his situation. 

Mystery? He was sick. Then Hobie got a little hot, Bubs made the call to stick with him at the Faceoff, and it didn't work out. Luddy will start Friday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Mystery? He was sick. Then Hobie got a little hot, Bubs made the call to stick with him at the Faceoff, and it didn't work out. Luddy will start Friday.

He was sick? I hadn't seen that reported anywhere.

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Not sure if it was reported. Team had it as "undisclosed" but he was sick. Sorry, I thought that was pretty well known.

No worries. The last I had heard was speculation that he was dealing with a nagging injury. 

In any case, I'm hoping Ludvig is 100% on Friday. We're gonna need him at his best for the next four games.