SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

An Eastern blowhard that thinks that regionals should forever stay neutral, as it benefits eastern schools most.

That’s the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Here's my stab:

Providence: 1) BC vs 15) RIT, 8) Wisc vs 9) Q

Sioux Falls: 2) BU vs 16) MTU, 7) Minn vs 11) Omaha

Springfield: 3) Denver vs 14) Mass, 5) Maine vs 12) Cornell

Maryland Heights: 4) Mich St vs 13) W Mich, 6) UND vs 10) Mich

I kept schools as close to a regional as is allowed.

Schloss' guess:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/what-to-know-as-und-awaits-its-regional-placement

Sioux Falls Regional: No. 1 Boston University vs. No. 4 RIT; No. 2 Minnesota vs. No. 3 Omaha.

Springfield Regional: No. 1 Denver vs. No. 4 UMass; No. 2 Maine vs. No. 3 Cornell.

Maryland Heights Regional: No. 1 Michigan State vs. No. 4 Western Michigan; No. 2 North Dakota vs. No. 3 Michigan.

Providence Regional: No. 1 Boston College vs. No. 4 Michigan Tech; No. 2 Wisconsin vs. No. 3 Quinnipiac.

That's a lot of Michigan teams in that UND regional.

16 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Here's my stab:

Providence: 1) BC vs 15) RIT, 8) Wisc vs 9) Q

Sioux Falls: 2) BU vs 16) MTU, 7) Minn vs 11) Omaha

Springfield: 3) Denver vs 14) Mass, 5) Maine vs 12) Cornell

Maryland Heights: 4) Mich St vs 13) W Mich, 6) UND vs 10) Mich

I kept schools as close to a regional as is allowed.

I guess it comes down to keeping #2 against #15 vs. keeping the higher seeded "western" team in the west...I flipped Denver and Sparty and R.I.T. and  WMU

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I guess it comes down to keeping #2 against #15 vs. keeping the higher seeded "western" team in the west...I flipped Denver and Sparty and R.I.T. and  WMU

As a “consolation” for sending BU west, I gave them the lowest seeded opponent.

• Upvote 1

Since we are not likely to be in Sioux Falls where would we prefer to be placed, Springfield or Maryland Heights?

Not gonna lie, the sound of playing Friday / Sunday is more intriguing than Thursday / Saturday.

I don't care about the draw ... at this point it doesn't matter.  Show up, keep the pedal to the metal or go home.

Jimmy Connelly/USCHO bracket projection.

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Michigan State
6. North Dakota
10. Michigan
13. Western Michigan

Link: https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/23/bracketology-final-after-plenty-of-stress-and-two-hosts-qualifying-for-the-field-seeding-this-tournament-is-easier-than-youd-believe/

Which regional and 1v4 matchup will be paired with is varying. 

9 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Watched the MU/MSU game tonight. Very sloppy game, lot of hitting, poor goaltending, not much skill on display. Wasn’t impressed with either team. Not NCHC caliber. 

We must have been watching different games as this was by far way more entertaining than anything that was being played at the X this weekend. 

I’m sure no one agrees with me but I’d much rather play UNO than Michigan. I get the 4 and 5 record. But the CHN projected bracket that was released..I’d flip with MN in a heartbeat. 

We simply were lazy against UNO, Michigan could legitimately beat us while playing our best. Tough to win 4 when going through a gauntlet. Fan matchup in suppose.

• Upvote 1

This year the regionals are as tough as FFs often are.   It should be a great tourney—more talent and good teams than there’s been in a while.  

Id just as soon play the strongest team in my bracket first, with the exception of BC—let another team try to upset them first and maybe avoid having to get past them.   They are just playing so well right now.

• Upvote 1

And thus for the keep things neutral blowhard group....Denver a 1 seed likely in Massachusetts against a team that lost 8-1 in a must win game only to have the right teams win on Saturday to get in.

36 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

Connelly (USCHO) & Schlossman have the same projected brackets. I would agree with these. I think you can almost lock them in.

Anybody planning on making the trip to Maryland Heights?

If that’s UNDs regional, there will be a few of driving down Thursday night. 

Looks like BC put everyone on notice last night with a 6-2 crushing of BU.  They had the top seed locked up; pretty much playing for pride against a rival and they stomped the daylights out of the Terriers.  That seems like a pretty good way to go into the NCAA's.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fargosioux said:

Connelly (USCHO) & Schlossman have the same projected brackets. I would agree with these. I think you can almost lock them in.

Anybody planning on making the trip to Maryland Heights?

That's quite a haul down there...guessing attendance will not be great even in a 2,500 seat arena.

12 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Looks like BC put everyone on notice last night with a 6-2 crushing of BU.  They had the top seed locked up; pretty much playing for pride against a rival and they stomped the daylights out of the Terriers.  That seems like a pretty good way to go into the NCAA's.

Imagine what other games could’ve been like if fighting for a home ice regional was on the line. Holy crap that could be great hockey. 

3 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I used to look foward to the post season now I just wait to be disappointed. 

When was it that you did not think you would be disappointed?

• Like 1