SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Sioux Falls regional as of tonight would be North Dakota, Minnesota, Omaha, and Providence.

I think we would get R.I.T. with Providence going to Missouri since Western Michigan would have to go East. If they regionalize it we could get WCHA but BC has earned that.

At this point I don't think it really matters where the Sioux end up playing.  If the team that stomped DU shows up, I like our chances.  If we see the guys that were just down in Omaha, it's gonna be a rough road getting out of any regional.  I realize that Omaha probably had more to play for, but we put up three goals the entire weekend?  BC and BU aren't taking any weekends off.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

At this point I don't think it really matters where the Sioux end up playing.  If the team that stomped DU shows up, I like our chances.  If we see the guys that were just down in Omaha, it's gonna be a rough road getting out of any regional.  I realize that Omaha probably had more to play for, but we put up three goals the entire weekend?  BC and BU aren't taking any weekends off.

Brad Berry won us the Penrose , he is allowed to take some weekends off, we should all be happy with only winning the Penrose………

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Brad Berry won us the Penrose , he is allowed to take some weekends off, we should all be happy with only winning the Penrose………

I'm picking up just a hint of sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

I'm as hopeful as the next guy, but taking off the green glasses, you'd have to think anyone out there is hoping their team ends up in UND's regional.  It seems like the easiest path to the frozen four.  UND could certainly win those two games, but they hardly seem like a juggernaut.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jk said:

I'm as hopeful as the next guy, but taking off the green glasses, you'd have to think anyone out there is hoping their team ends up in UND's regional.  It seems like the easiest path to the frozen four.  UND could certainly win those two games, but they hardly seem like a juggernaut.

Yeah, that DU series seems like a long time ago.

You know who's feeling it right now is the beavers.  Everyone wants to be first or second overall so you get one of the "crappy" autobid teams, but I won't be surprised if Bemidji gives someone a hard time in that first game.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, jk said:

You know who's feeling it right now is the beavers.  Everyone wants to be first or second overall so you get one of the "crappy" autobid teams, but I won't be surprised if Bemidji gives someone a hard time in that first game.

Beavers style of game always gives us fits 

The committee is definitely hoping that the dice are thrown in the shaker and re-rolled next weekend with some movement.

Current issues.

2 2 seeds from B10 and 2 3 seeds from B10. 

UMass is a 4 seed and host which means BU or BC would currently have to head west which means UND or DU would have to head east. DU and CC would be slated to meet but you have conference issue there and UND also has a conference issue playing CC in the first round.....The sound you hear is Boston University fans and administration losing their minds with the prospect of going to Missouri to play Colorado College.

Which regional do you put these games in? Do you have Sparty(#5) play Omaha(#12) or Minnesota (#8) play in Sioux Falls?

• Upvote 1

USCHO's latest bracket

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
6. Maine
9. Wisconsin
14. Colorado College

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Denver
7. Quinnipiac
10. Michigan
13. Western Michigan

Sioux Falls, S.D.
3. North Dakota
8. Minnesota
11. Omaha
15. RIT

Springfield, Mass.
2. Boston University
5. Michigan State
12. Massachusetts
16. Bemidji State

8 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

USCHO's latest bracket

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
6. Maine
9. Wisconsin
14. Colorado College

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Denver
7. Quinnipiac
10. Michigan
13. Western Michigan

Sioux Falls, S.D.
3. North Dakota
8. Minnesota
11. Omaha
15. RIT

Springfield, Mass.
2. Boston University
5. Michigan State
12. Massachusetts
16. Bemidji State

Odd that BC plays CC rather than Bemidji. Denver vs Western in the first round is an interesting approach to the logjam.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

USCHO's latest bracket

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
6. Maine
9. Wisconsin
14. Colorado College

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Denver
7. Quinnipiac
10. Michigan
13. Western Michigan

Sioux Falls, S.D.
3. North Dakota
8. Minnesota
11. Omaha
15. RIT

Springfield, Mass.
2. Boston University
5. Michigan State
12. Massachusetts
16. Bemidji State

God would I want to avoid CC right away....

I'd flop the Beavers and CC in this group. 

On 3/10/2024 at 3:50 PM, jk said:

You and @scpa0305 have basically written this team off as "not that good". I am not there yet. Let's see what happens this weekend. If they come out like they did in Omaha, then I'll probably lean more towards you and @scpa0305.

FWIW, the 2016 team looked horrible at the Frozen Faceoff and we all know what happened after that.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:52 PM, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Maybe Berry puts too much emphasis on the regular season and runs out of gas by the playoffs , maybe He could ask Hak for some advice. 

Haks teams started slow in the first half, spent the second half catching up, then ran out of gas in the Frozen Four. Catch-22 right?

The 2016 team had Hakstol's recruits, but was led by Berry from start to finish. He hasn't forgotten how to coach. I am choosing to remain optimistic until they are officially eliminated.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You and @scpa0305 have basically written this team off as "not that good". I am not there yet. Let's see what happens this weekend. If they come out like they did in Omaha, then I'll probably lean more towards you and @scpa0305.

FWIW, the 2016 team looked horrible at the Frozen Faceoff and we all know what happened after that.

I guess the part that leaves me in doubt about this team is that, for all their offensive skills and snipers, the vertical part of their game seems light, as does their physicality around the other team’s net.  I don’t have evidence to back that up.  And can Ludwig put together 4 straight stellar outings.   But hey:  no team is perfect.  Not even UMD

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, burd said:

A lot of tough brackets this year.  This banner will be earned.

For sure. 
Any 1 seed that advances will have a very tough game to make it to the F4. Some very good teams in those 2/3 seeds. 

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

When has one of these "projected brackets" (meaning more than 24 hours before selections announced) been spot-on? 

Hardly ever...that's why I choose to wait until it gets posted on Sunday after all the games are played.;)

11 hours ago, burd said:

I guess the part that leaves me in doubt about this team is that, for all their offensive skills and snipers, the vertical part of their game seems light, as does their physicality around the other team’s net.  I don’t have evidence to back that up.  And can Ludwig put together 4 straight stellar outings.   But hey:  no team is perfect.  Not even UMD

Today, physicality gets you in the penalty box.

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Today, physicality gets you in the penalty box.

It does, and I like that this team plays smart that way.   They could use more of what Kunz brings, though.  They don't have to be big.   Z Parise makes a living scoring garbage goals by being smart and tenacious.   A little skill too.  ;)