SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

40 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

That's quite a haul down there...guessing attendance will not be great even in a 2,500 seat arena.

Attendance is so bad they let a 2,500 seat arena host.  Pepsi Rink in Minot holds that many, they should put a bid out.   

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Just want the team to be playing their best at the end of the year not coming out flat and playing poorly , which happens a lot under this coach. 

I was told to remember losing in the Frozen Faceoff in 2016 and look what happened…

2 hours ago, burd said:

This year the regionals are as tough as FFs often are.   It should be a great tourney—more talent and good teams than there’s been in a while.  

Id just as soon play the strongest team in my bracket first, with the exception of BC—let another team try to upset them first and maybe avoid having to get past them.   They are just playing so well right now.

Agree, they appear to be the team to beat.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I’m sure no one agrees with me but I’d much rather play UNO than Michigan. I get the 4 and 5 record. But the CHN projected bracket that was released..I’d flip with MN in a heartbeat. 

We simply were lazy against UNO, Michigan could legitimately beat us while playing our best. Tough to win 4 when going through a gauntlet. Fan matchup in suppose.

This is absolutely the truth. For anyone to think otherwise is just foolish.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Attendance is so bad they let a 2,500 seat arena host.  Pepsi Rink in Minot holds that many, they should put a bid out.   

At this point the NCAA is just making fun of the teams that are pushing for change for the regional system.

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

At this point the NCAA is just making fun of the teams that are pushing for change for the regional system.

The 5000 seat stadium requirement seems to have been forgotten. 

2,500 seats is pretty ridiculous for a college hockey regional, but this arena in Maryland Heights looks very nice. If it wasn't Easter weekend, I'd be tempted to make the trip if we got placed there. The atmosphere would be pretty cool.

007_Centene_Comm_Ice_Rink_Dec_2019-1-scaled-1-1300x865.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

All the while the women's ball tournament regional finals are being played at home sites today....likely to save attendance figures....

Just to have ten minutes in a room with the people that make these decisions...

Sounds like it's as mismanaged as a rink could be. Hopefully the ACHA games and regional help balance the books after erroneously not charging sales tax for an extended period of time.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/how-the-centene-ice-center-went-from-great-win-to-cash-crunch-and-taxpayer-bailouts/article_bbe66636-e540-11ee-86d2-7772790cd072.html

50 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was told to remember losing in the Frozen Faceoff in 2016 and look what happened…

Yep, the thought of playing Michigan is a little more daunting than Northeastern.   If UND comes out flat this might be over before the first zamboni break.

33 minutes ago, fargosioux said:

2,500 seats is pretty ridiculous for a college hockey regional, but this arena in Maryland Heights looks very nice. If it wasn't Easter weekend, I'd be tempted to make the trip if we got placed there. The atmosphere would be pretty cool.

007_Centene_Comm_Ice_Rink_Dec_2019-1-scaled-1-1300x865.jpg

The Gardens in Warroad wasn’t available? 

Pretty sure they could slam ice into the Winter Show building in Valley City like the ‘80’s and had 6000 seats. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxweet said:

Yep, the thought of playing Michigan is a little more daunting than Northeastern.   If UND comes out flat this might be over before the first zamboni break.

Thanks for the flashback to the Frozen Four in STL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Sounds like it's as mismanaged as a rink could be. Hopefully the ACHA games and regional help balance the books after erroneously not charging sales tax for an extended period of time.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/how-the-centene-ice-center-went-from-great-win-to-cash-crunch-and-taxpayer-bailouts/article_bbe66636-e540-11ee-86d2-7772790cd072.html

Hope they pay their electric bill this month…boys will be skating in the dark.