SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Hard for me to feel bad for them. You can’t make those defensive zone turnovers and expect to win. Since CC missed the tourney and Omaha is out we should have a cakewalk to the NC$$ title. I would assume the betting line is around -200 to win it all. :D

It’s more so the third turnover I somewhat feel bad for the Omaha player that lost edge. 

14 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

It’s more so the third turnover I somewhat feel bad for the Omaha player that lost edge. 

Yeah the guy who blew a tire has to be totally bummed. Feel for him 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Hopefully BU takes care of that issue tomorrow.

Was NOT impressed with BU. And, I thought it was the Mavs game. Outplayed the rodents for long stretches, made some very costly mistakes. Especially the second goal. I had just stated to my wife ‘can’t do that!’ (On the failure behind the net) and *boom* in the back of the net!!!

Not so crazy crazy thoughts for Friday:

- MTU has a goalie. That's not enough. BC hangs at least a handful.
- Bucky has a goalie, but Q in their backyard ... first goal wins. You don't want to be chasing in this one. 
- Western comes out devil-may-care flying and stuns Sparty. 
- 2.5 penalties. UND goes over that and it's a long night. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who had the Gophers as the counter-punching capitalize on your errors team. 

Or Denver as the team who would hot goalie someone to win. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Was NOT impressed with BU. And, I thought it was the Mavs game. Outplayed the rodents for long stretches, made some very costly mistakes. Especially the second goal. I had just stated to my wife ‘can’t do that!’ (On the failure behind the net) and *boom* in the back of the net!!!

I don’t think BU was all that impressive either. Super top heavy. Gophs will expose that.

9 hours ago, crb1 said:

Freaking Omaha. They should have won that game. Oh well, they went on a hell of a run. It was bound to happen though. They were due for a stumble. 

Gotta hand it to Omaha.   They proved they were legit

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, burd said:

Gotta hand it to Omaha.   They proved they were legit

The intensity and speed exhibited in the recent games were exemplary, qualities I earnestly hope the UND will emulate. Observing the tournament teams, a few strategies stood out: aggressive play for puck control, swift puck clearance from defensive zones with minimal passes, precise tape-to-tape passing, effective zone entries, and strategic stick placements to intercept or poke the puck—UMass demonstrated exceptional skill in this regard against DU. Solid goaltending was, as always, a cornerstone of success.

For UND’s upcoming game, adopting these tactics is crucial, especially against Michigan. Without them, we risk being quickly overpowered. It’s also vital to minimize penalties; giving Michigan any advantage could be costly. My hope rests on UND bringing their best game this weekend, distancing themselves from the lackluster performances observed over the past month, Miami series notwithstanding. In that series, it appeared Miami was eager for the season to end, which doesn’t fully reflect on UND’s capabilities. Let’s hope for the resurgence of the dynamic UND team we know and support. 

• Upvote 1

Did anyone watch the latest "Through these Doors"?   UND didn't look too excited when they announced they would get Michigan in the tournament.  Hope they play with more swagger than they showed in that clip.  Of course, they probably weren't in a good mood to begin with, being they had lost to Omaha a few days earlier.  

Well, so far not one of the teams I wanted yesterday won. For that matter, not one of the games at the "X" went the way I wanted either.  Things gotta be better today, right?

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

Did anyone watch the latest "Through these Doors"?   UND didn't look too excited when they announced they would get Michigan in the tournament.  Hope they play with more swagger than they showed in that clip.  Of course, they probably weren't in a good mood to begin with, being they had lost to Omaha a few days earlier.  

I'm not sure excited is a reaction to look for? Its another game with another good team. It's probably all business. 

14 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I'm not sure excited is a reaction to look for? Its another game with another good team. It's probably all business. 

Surely they read the pundits and had a pretty good idea what was coming. 
Now if it'd been BC or RIT, not Mich, you'd likely see a reaction.