SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tournament

petey23

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Let’s hope for the resurgence of the dynamic UND team we know and support. 

If they win.  But if they lose, they're a bunch of lazy, can't-play-a-full-60, shoulda-played-elsewhere-or-here-for-a-different-coach, unSioux slugs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Did anyone watch the latest "Through these Doors"?   UND didn't look too excited when they announced they would get Michigan in the tournament.  Hope they play with more swagger than they showed in that clip.  Of course, they probably weren't in a good mood to begin with, being they had lost to Omaha a few days earlier.  

They also had a pretty good idea of who they were playing and knew they were in so no surprises.

8 minutes ago, burd said:

For now, but if they lose, they're a bunch of lazy, can't-play-a-full-60, shoulda-played-elsewhere-or-here-for-a-different-coach, unSioux slugs.

Criticism would be relative to how they might lose, I suppose: in an ot thriller or a 1-7 drubbing. If the latter, they would probably deserve both barrels unless half of them had the flu, food poisoning or some other sickness.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, .357 said:

Criticism would be relative to how they might lose, I suppose: in an ot thriller or a 1-7 drubbing. If the latter, they would probably deserve both barrels unless half of them had the flu, food poisoning or some other sickness.

Michael Jordan circa 1997 Finals game 5 would like a word with you. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Well, so far not one of the teams I wanted yesterday won. For that matter, not one of the games at the "X" went the way I wanted either.  Things gotta be better today, right?

I was pulling for BU in case Omaha failed.  And while I was indifferent to Cornell or Maine, Im hopeful Cornell can succeed where UMass didn't.  Hopeful but expecting to be disappointed.

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Day of the playoffs and the topic at hand is how our fans will react to a loss.  

I guess that's the world of the message boards.  

Does this say more about the board or more about the team?

58 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

And if he called & had a word with me, I'd tell him that he is in a league of his own.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Word on the street was that he was out gambling and drinking until 4 am the day of the big game…”the flu game” 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

If they win.  But if they lose, they're a bunch of lazy, can't-play-a-full-60, shoulda-played-elsewhere-or-here-for-a-different-coach, unSioux slugs.

This will be a dog fight. It’s a coin flip, even if we play well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

People get crucified on this board for saying parity is a factor, but ignoring it, especially in a game that is often a one-bounce game, is just wild to me. I think many fans don't have reasonable expectations anymore, frankly. The overreactions are absolutely obnoxious and drips with entitlement. A large amount of our fanbase sees every loss we have as "the boys aren't trying hard enough" or "the boys don't care enough" or "Bubs can't get them up for a big game", and that's what bothers me. We seem to have this expectation (not all of us, but some -- still the minority, but a loud and vocal one) that we should win every game just because we're North Dakota and that's how it works. College hockey is just different now than it used to be . Added parity with how the game of hockey works, we now have a game that is anyone's game each night. 

More often than not, the best team wins. I'm hoping we're the best team tonight. And if we don't, it's not due to a magic potion whispered from Bubs, it's because we played better and finished our chances. 

Agreed 100%. But at some point a trend needs to be reviewed/assessed. Not today though! Big tilt tonight!

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed 100%. But at some point a trend needs to be reviewed/assessed. Not today though! Big tilt tonight!

I'll agree with that. 

YES. Let's go. Man, I've got that nervous excitement going like crazy. I noticed it when it was 2-2 for Minny/UNO last night. Ugh, I love/hate the tournament lol

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

People get crucified on this board for saying parity is a factor, but ignoring it, especially in a game that is often a one-bounce game, is just wild to me.

Back when most games ended 6-4 a 'bad bounce' could be recovered from. It's 10% of scoring.
Last night a 'bad bouce' (blown tire) cost UNO a game. It was 20% of scoring in that 3-2 game. 

Basically, the uncontrollable's effect on outcomes has doubled (10% -> 20%) in the last few decades, and I'd say to the detriment of the better teams. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Back when most games ended 6-4 a 'bad bounce' could be recovered from. It's 10% of scoring.
Last night a 'bad bouce' (blown tire) cost UNO a game. It was 20% of scoring in that 3-2 game. 

Basically, the uncontrollable's effect on outcomes has doubled (10% -> 20%) in the last few decades, and I'd say to the detriment of the better teams. 

The lower scoring environment is so underappreciated. Shrink the goalie pads, stat!!

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The difference last night is Minny capitalized on those turnovers and Omaha didn't.   It's not like Minny didn't turn the puck over either.

If you have 4 zero gravity dry float beds in the locker/weight room that should equate to more than 1 NCAA win since 2016......just saying.

• Upvote 3

Minny first goal; Clark steals bad  pass at Omaha's blue line resulting in Gofer goal.  Minny second goal, Omaha turns it over behind their own net and pass out front to Gopher forward who chips it in.  Minny third goal; Omaha blows a tire at their own dot resulting in turnover and gwg.  Omaha plays a cleaner game last night and they would have been the one moving on; although you can't blame the kid catching an edge/blowing a tire on that last turnover.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If you have 4 zero gravity dry float beds in the locker/weight room that should equate to more than 1 NCAA win since 2016......just saying.

How many of those beds are at the high school arena they're playing at today?