SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO -- Penne Rose Hangover?

stoneySIOUX

I'm in the boat of keep the goalie in the net that's gonna be going in the playoffs.  

However if you do plan to start Hobie, on Saturday let's say, you bring along Johnson and Ludvig is in a suit that game.  No coming in cold in the 2nd if he gives up some softies, it's a 100% game off.  

31 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

Can we really afford to drop games with Denver breathing down our neck and a legitimate chance to take the #2 spot.  We need to sweep again and keep winning.  

UNO has only been swept once all season (against DU)...I'd love to see it as well, but wouldn't be surprised if we drop some points, especially coming the week after the Penrose clinch.

I always think it's best to rest a goalie on Friday as then Saturday the main guy goes into his week moreso on his regular schedule but 

that probably doesn't matter ad much as it sounds like it might

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

UNO has only been swept once all season (against DU)...I'd love to see it as well, but wouldn't be surprised if we drop some points, especially coming the week after the Penrose clinch.

And those games were officiated by an NCHC rookie ref who is no longer on the roster. My wife said it was a sh@tshow (she was there with her parents) so I watched the archives on NCHCtv. Holy cow! Might as well have been reffed by the DU alumni association! I think they will be a tough out, but they tend to give us ‘opportunities’.

• Like 2

Mop the floor with little brother to the south. Be sure to tweet sensical things to mavpuck on twitter to get blocked. All Omaha people say is how much they hate UND weekends. Make them hate it more by winning. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Mop the floor with little brother to the south. Be sure to tweet sensical things to mavpuck on twitter to get blocked. All Omaha people say is how much they hate UND weekends. Make them hate it more by winning. 

We're their biggest rival.... lol.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:35 AM, Sweethockey said:

Going to Omaha, I'm wishing for a Siouxeep! Went to Colorado Springs, had to listen to them chant "OVER-RATED" Saturday night for the last 3 minutes of the game. I do not want to hear that chant again.

Few would probably agree with me, but as long as we keep a regional 1 seed, I have no problem with us getting spanked by CC.   Even very good teams (of which UND is one) need to reminded now and then how much concentration and hard work it takes to win this time of year, to say nothing of winning 4 in a row against the best teams in the country.   

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, burd said:

Few would probably agree with me, but as long as we keep a regional 1 seed, I have no problem with us getting spanked by CC.   Even very good teams (of which UND is one) need to reminded now and then how much concentration and hard work it takes to win this time of year, to say nothing of winning 4 in a row against the best teams in the country.   

I get it, they definitely earned it. The fans in Robson were very nice to me. I will go back.

2 hours ago, Langster019 said:

I think they ‘hate UND weekends’ based on some pretty poor behaviors exhibited by some of our less than friendly fans. A minority to be sure, and everyone has them, but from an old man’s perspective probably earned. These two teams always get after it against each other and it’s going to be a good series.

40 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I think they ‘hate UND weekends’ based on some pretty poor behaviors exhibited by some of our less than friendly fans. A minority to be sure, and everyone has them, but from an old man’s perspective probably earned. These two teams always get after it against each other and it’s going to be a good series.

That is bull poop! Poor behavior is on them, not us. The whole story wasn’t broadcasted. It’s like listening to the National news, it’s slanted in one direction or the other. 

44 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

You mean like this?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/und-fan-charged-with-assault-after-altercation-at-omaha-hockey-game

1 minute ago, Sweethockey said:

That is bull poop! Poor behavior is on them, not us. The whole story wasn’t broadcasted. It’s like listening to the National news, it’s slanted in one direction or the other. 

Would love to hear the whole story...

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

These teams get ornery when playing each other. Probably the biggest reason for the bitterness.

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

From another perspective, believe they’ve hated our fandom since that outdoor game when so many of us showed up & from then on as well. Never had a younger sibling but loved the Brady Bunch.

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Would love to hear the whole story...

Charges were dropped, video evidence showed he was defending himself against a drunk aggressive fan. He was shoved a couple times before he pushed back.