SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

Just now, UND1983 said:

Is it cause he had a kid?  

kind of, things changed for him after having a kid.  He wants to make some cash just not sure if that will be will another college or try pro ball oversees 

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Wow. Another key player leaves and Sather is close to getting let go and having to resort to selling insurance in SD

Sorry, Sather is not getting let go anytime soon. BJ leaves for what I hear is 350K and Tyree leaves to earn money to support his kid? Hard to blame Sather for this

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

Sorry, Sather is not getting let go anytime soon. BJ leaves for what I hear is 350K and Tyree leaves to earn money to support his kid? Hard to blame Sather for this

Can we blame him for having no SLT wins with his own recruits? Dude needs to bring in an even better portal class than last year now 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Would it be any different if another coach was here now?  Like, if we beat Omaha would BJ and Nacho be staying?  

I guess we will see how many other players leave summit league teams. Sather just has a history of losing players pretty regularly.   Forget freshman go after the best D2 players and Juco. I guess this our reality now.  

9 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I guess we will see how many other players leave summit league teams. Sather just has a history of losing players pretty regularly.   Forget freshman go after the best D2 players and Juco. I guess this our reality now.  

Do other Summit teams lose top players?  Only real way to compare

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Do other Summit teams lose top players?  Only real way to compare

Bison lost their top 2 guys. Although Skunberg was known for a while.

Omaha lost Fidler who killed us in the tourney.

This is how the Summit is going to be in the current era. Top scorers are rarely going to stay around.