SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

16 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If BJ wants to make serious money, he'd probably be better off transferring after a huge year next year, IMO.  Highly doubt p5's are lining up to throw life changing money at him right now.  

Good point - if he has a crazy year next year, he could really set himself up well. Jumping ship too early could limit how much $ he gets in the portal. 

25 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

The main thing really holding him back is the 28% from three this year.

Even with that, I'd assume a decent amount of teams, especially Minnesota, will be all over him when he hits the portal. He'll find a good spot and make close to or even more than six-figures. That will be a good choice for him and his family. 

As good as BJ is, I truly think he’s right at the right level. Could he play at the next level? Sure. Will he also get a bit lost in the shuffle? Probably. If a bag gets dropped on his porch, I can’t blame him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Good point - if he has a crazy year next year, he could really set himself up well. Jumping ship too early could limit how much $ he gets in the portal. 

I think BJ is a great talent. But he got worked hard by Fidler. I think another year of development would be great for him...

5 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

I am saying Tyree is not going to make the same mistake transferring again and staying here next year.  I also believe Treyson is chasing his uncles record and legacy. Money wont drag him away.  Amar and King have a home here and wont leave.   The only I think is on the fence is BJ.  I am hoping a scholarship opens up with Doppler leaving.  

Doppler? 

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

Yeah I don't think he is a division 1 player. Watching him last year in the class A tournament i wasn't impressed.  Erickson either but his height has some upside 

I hadn’t heard he is leaving… speculation or wishing ?

I don’t see why all worry about him he is walk on the team. So is Kraft a walk on we have all benefits off evaluating them and have no long term commitment to them unless we decide we want them long term.

Wait so if Bothun is moving to scholarship and Kraft is supposedly moving to scholarship, we technically have no scholarships available the moment? (Yes I know some will open up in the next couple of days/weeks)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Wait so if Bothun is moving to scholarship and Kraft is supposedly moving to scholarship, we technically have no scholarships available the moment? (Yes I know some will open up in the next couple of days/weeks)

My guess is Kraft only gets a scholly if multiple open up.

10 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

Yeah I don't think he is a division 1 player. Watching him last year in the class A tournament i wasn't impressed.  Erickson either but his height has some upside 

I disagree on Doppler. He had a rough state tournament last year but i watched him play several times last year and think he has potential to carve out a top 8 role. He is 6-4 but I am guessing he has closer to 6-6 or even 6-8 wingspan and he can defend. He also has good vision and has a little slash and shake in his offensive game.

3 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I disagree on Doppler. He had a rough state tournament last year but i watched him play several times last year and think he has potential to carve out a top 8 role. He is 6-4 but I am guessing he has closer to 6-6 or even 6-8 wingspan and he can defend. He also has good vision and has a little slash and shake in his offensive game.

Probably gonna be too slow for this level.  He could play but not be very effective unfortunately 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, petey23 said:

We will have to see who is right in the future about this pick.  I feel he is under sized and to slow for division 1.  He would be a great player for UMary 

• Upvote 1