SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

Keep hearing UND fans talk about grass isn’t always greener and he’ll take a lesser role blah blah blah. Let’s look at the most recent D1 transfers for UND

DAE - First team All Big West

Moody - First team All Big Sky

Rebraca - 3rd team All Big 10

Ethan E - played 26 mpg at CSUN 

Tyree - started 60% of games at JMU, including 7 of last 8 games played. Just couldn’t stay healthy 

Paul Bruns - transferred to be closer to home, starting on a Summit League team 

Only player it didn’t work out for is Seybian Sims. Still not sure how he even ended up at another D1 program. Let me know if I’m forgetting someone but 6 for 7 or 85% found success at their new homes. Sorry if this defeats your narrative that people can’t have success outside of UND. 

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone else listens to 3 Man Weave but I think they have a great idea when it comes to MM players transferring to P6 schools. If BJ ends up at Minnesota, Minnesota would have to play in GF this year. A sort of trade off. Never going to happen, but I like it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GoodGood said:

Keep hearing UND fans talk about grass isn’t always greener and he’ll take a lesser role blah blah blah. Let’s look at the most recent D1 transfers for UND

Tyree - started 60% of games at JMU, including 7 of last 8 games played. Just couldn’t stay healthy 

Only player it didn’t work out for is Seybian Sims. Still not sure how he even ended up at another D1 program. Let me know if I’m forgetting someone but 6 for 7 or 85% found success at their new homes. Sorry if this defeats your narrative that people can’t have success outside of UND. 

DAE and Moody are laughable to use as examples. It took both of those clowns 3-4 years AFTER leaving UND and two schools each to figure it out.

Sorry if that hurts your feeling guys, as you both still read this.

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

DAE and Moody are laughable to use as examples. It took both of those clowns 3-4 years AFTER leaving UND and two schools each to figure it out.

lol exactly.  Babysit those two for 3 more years to get a one-time all conf player.   

3 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Bingo.

Rebraca was successful but was on record saying he didn’t plan on transferring but had to. 

Igbaunago meh his time was over here. Averaged more here anyways but let’s not act like we were hurt by him leaving. 

Tyree come on he asked to come back. Couldn’t find success with JMU. Maybe due to injury but either way. 

Bruns got to go home, cool. Not much winning happening there and would say his freshman year was his best year, likely due to volume since we sucked. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Rebraca- played 4 years at UND, graduated- no problem with him leaving especially with his academic goals he had for his last two years

Ethan- was at UND for 5 years!!!! - Graduated, it was time to move on

Tyree- it was so good at JMU for Tyree that he transferred back to UND.

Paul Bruns- 9th place team in Summit league

Andrew Rohde- Freshman of year in Summit- transfers to Virginia- averages 4.4 ppg on an average ACC team that probably won't make the NCCA tournament- fun! I'm sure he loves it

The guys that it has worked out for are the guys that have stayed 3-4 years and then go play their SR year in the P5 conferences (I.e Griesel, Scheierman, Nelson (I guess you can call this successful? He probably has hurt his "Draft Stock" more than helped it though)

• Upvote 2

I think i saw that BJ has siblings at the U of M, so I wouldn’t blame him if he ends up there. It’s definitely a bummer as he could have set records here and been on top of the league for the next to years, but I will be watching him in the future and hoping he does well! What some of you are leaving out is his defensive ability. It made a major leap this year and was extremely valuable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Rebraca- played 4 years at UND, graduated- no problem with him leaving especially with his academic goals he had for his last two years

Ethan- was at UND for 5 years!!!! - Graduated, it was time to move on

Tyree- it was so good at JMU for Tyree that he transferred back to UND.

Paul Bruns- 9th place team in Summit league

Andrew Rohde- Freshman of year in Summit- transfers to Virginia- averages 4.4 ppg on an average ACC team that probably won't make the NCCA tournament- fun! I'm sure he loves it

The guys that it has worked out for are the guys that have stayed 3-4 years and then go play their SR year in the P5 conferences (I.e Griesel, Scheierman, Nelson (I guess you can call this successful? He probably has hurt his "Draft Stock" more than helped it though)

Filip only played 3 years at UND right? Not that it changes what you’re saying.

And for Rhode I don’t think we can judge it off of 1 year. They weren’t as successful as people thought but if the team has success the next 2 years it is worth the trade off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, McBuckets said:

And for Rhode I don’t think we can judge it off of 1 year. They weren’t as successful as people thought but if the team has success the next 2 years it is worth the trade off. 

Yes, you are correct, 3 years instead of 4.

DAE is whatever, he had a successful season but has the off the court problems.

Moody I dont understand what all the hate is about. Took him time to figure it out but everyone at Montana loves him. Became a 1st team all conference guy. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It will be real interesting to see how many and what names of ours enter the portal in the coming days and weeks. 

May be some that shock people. 

Which is fine. Inevitable 

Rhode, the guy that has started 27 games for an ACC team that is 23-9??? He’s being called unsuccessful??? Wow 

• Like 1

Moody I dont understand what all the hate is about. Took him time to figure it out but everyone at Montana loves him. Became a 1st team all conference guy. 

Because Ralphie and the boys constantly bring him up like UND was the problem and he would’ve saved our program. Stop talking about him and every UND fan will too

8 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It will be real interesting to see how many and what names of ours enter the portal in the coming days and weeks. 

May be some that shock people. 

As long as it’s not Trey, Tyree (won’t blame if he goes overseas), Amar or King, not sure how much it will hurt. 

2 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I don't hate Moody- he hasn't played at UND since the calendar year of 2019, I hope he has matured, and it looks like he probably has, congrats to him on all conference. In his 19th year of college hoops

Just now, SD UND said:

I don't hate Moody- he hasn't played at UND since the calendar year of 2019, I hope he has matured, and it looks like he probably has, congrats to him on all conference. In his 19th year of college hoops

#butmoody 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Rhode, the guy that has started 27 games for an ACC team that is 23-9??? He’s being called unsuccessful??? Wow 

Never said he was "unsuccessful" 

I guess if averaging 4.4 ppg makes him happy then I'm glad he found his goal for college hoops.

Just now, McBuckets said:

Seems like you’re just in your feelings about him leaving. He was only brought up when talking about guys leaving and if they had success.

Thanks for your concern.  I don’t know anything about him.  Other than when it’s brought up by the disgruntled crew about how good he is now or how Sather kicked him off the team for having a child to take care of.  

There is some real angst among these posters about Sather.  Weird.