SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

Don’t freak out! Nothing bad…. Yet. I just wanted to start this to share portal news that is or could be relevant to UND. I’m going to start it off with this kid from the MIAC. He’s getting some bigger interest right away so might be out of UND’s reach and also might not be exactly what we are looking for. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Don’t freak out! Nothing bad…. Yet. I just wanted to start this to share portal news that is or could be relevant to UND. I’m going to start it off with this kid from the MIAC. He’s getting some bigger interest right away so might be out of UND’s reach and also might not be exactly what we are looking for. 

Keep an eye on the big guys

• 2 weeks later...

Who is staying/leaving predictions...

Staying:  King, Amar, Tyree, Mara, Kraft, Doppler, Erikson, Bothum 

Leaving:  Omot, Brooks, Matthews, Hong, Brady (graduated), T (graduated)

On the Fence:  Treyson and Deng 

31 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I don't think Treyson is going anywhere.

51 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Are these just predictions or are you hearing some insider info?

Treyson leaving would really surprise me

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I’ll be honest I completely forgot about Lieutenant Deng

I hope he can get his grades up.  He would have been a HUGE improvement over Brady.  Long athletic good defender.  

43 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I hope he can get his grades up.  He would have been a HUGE improvement over Brady.  Long athletic good defender.  

imo he would'be gotten "maraed" too as the year went on......brady was playing 15-20 minutes a game no matter what.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

What about hong

I really hope he doesn't leave!! But it wouldn't surprise me if he left to go to a lower level where he can play as well as be closer to home in the Chicago area

2 hours ago, ND1 said:

I would move Omot and Tyree to the fence and Treysen staying. Could see one of the freshman leaving too realizing they’re not going to make it at this level. 

6 hours ago, ND1 said:

I am saying Tyree is not going to make the same mistake transferring again and staying here next year.  I also believe Treyson is chasing his uncles record and legacy. Money wont drag him away.  Amar and King have a home here and wont leave.   The only I think is on the fence is BJ.  I am hoping a scholarship opens up with Doppler leaving.  

11 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I am saying Tyree is not going to make the same mistake transferring again and staying here next year.  I also believe Treyson is chasing his uncles record and legacy. Money wont drag him away.  Amar and King have a home here and wont leave.   The only I think is on the fence is BJ.  I am hoping a scholarship opens up with Doppler leaving.  

If Tyree leaves I don't think it will be to another school, it will be to go pro.

Treysen will have MM's trying to lure him away but it would be a huge mistake on his part... hopefully he listens to the right people.

BJ will leave, IMO and that is also a huge mistake on his part.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SD UND said:

If Tyree leaves I don't think it will be to another school, it will be to go pro.

Treysen will have MM's trying to lure him away but it would be a huge mistake on his part... hopefully he listens to the right people.

BJ will leave, IMO and that is also a huge mistake on his part.

If BJ wants to make serious money, he'd probably be better off transferring after a huge year next year, IMO.  Highly doubt p5's are lining up to throw life changing money at him right now.  

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If BJ wants to make serious money, he'd probably be better off transferring after a huge year next year, IMO.  Highly doubt p5's are lining up to throw life changing money at him right now.  

The main thing really holding him back is the 28% from three this year.

Even with that, I'd assume a decent amount of teams, especially Minnesota, will be all over him when he hits the portal. He'll find a good spot and make close to or even more than six-figures. That will be a good choice for him and his family.