SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

20 minutes ago, SD UND said:

He committed...backed out... committed...backed out again... and then signed.. quite a rollercoaster 

Hopefully he is an asset to the squad.

That is normal now and we are all supposed to accept it.  "its different now"

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yes, don't question it. You don't know what is going on in the kids head and you don't care about mental health.

How dare you even think about questioning any of these kids' decisions.. these 18-22 year olds know what they're doing and they are no different than anyone changing jobs in the professional world. They are exactly the same, you should be happy for them.

And fire the coach

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

Yes, don't question it. You don't know what is going on in the kids head and you don't care about mental health.

How dare you even think about questioning any of these kids' decisions.. these 18-22 year olds know what they're doing and they are no different than anyone changing jobs in the professional world. They are exactly the same, you should be happy for them.

And fire the coach

23 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Also, social media graphics need to improve.

6 minutes ago, SD UND said:

And fire the coach

Im more worried about your mental health lately. You alright?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McBuckets said:

UND has picked it up lately

Thank god

3 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Im more worried about your mental health lately. You alright?

No, I've been in a dark place for awhile. I'd like to thank posters like you for worrying about my mental health, with that being said I will be entering the transfer portal and searching for the highest NIL package I can find so that my mental health can improve.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SD UND said:

Thank god

No, I've been in a dark place for awhile. I'd like to thank posters like you for worrying about my mental health, with that being said I will be entering the transfer portal and searching for the highest NIL package I can find so that my mental health can improve.

I hear the SDSU forum offers a pretty decent NIL package. I’m sure they would take you and you can post all your portal takes there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I hear the SDSU forum offers a pretty decent NIL package. I’m sure they would take you and you can post all your portal takes there.

Not familiar with them, I'll have my agent reach out.

With Mier signed, there’s one spot to fill. Took a stab at this previously but will adjust with @GoodGoodobservation of Woodson. 

Thomas / Panoam / Kraft

King / Doppler / Uelmen (RS)

Eaglestaff / Mara

Woodson / Mayar / Bothun

Amar / Mathews / Erikson

This feels a bit light. I would prefer if Eaglestaff was at the 2. If Mayar has a good offseason, maybe he can reclaim that 4 spot that he had the beginning of this past year. 

Really, the trio of Thomas, Panoam and King are likely going to rotate the between the 1 and 2. Can’t imagine Doppler is going to receive many minutes, if any.

The Summit isn’t loaded in bigs so being a bit light might not be the end of the world so maybe you just go best player available to fill that last spot?

• Upvote 1

We really need Mara to take a big jump this offseason. If he doesn't/isn't able to play, we have 4 guys for the 3 guard spots. 

That could be concerning. 

At the same time, I don't love our current situation at the 5. But having 4 center's on scholarship is a no go as well. 

I feel pretty comfortable at the 4 spot and PG position.

I think the last scholarship needs to go to a 2/3 that is a 3 & D player off the bench to provide some spot minutes as needed next season (similar to Mara), but then hopefully learn and be ready to fill in for Eaglestaff when he leaves after next year.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I'd be surprised if he is here longer than 1 year.

so your saying he's pretty damn good?

if you had to choose either him or eli to have for the next 2 or 3 years  it would be ____________

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so your saying he's pretty damn good?

if you had to choose either him or eli to have for the next 2 or 3 years  it would be ____________

I don’t think in this day it even matters if you’re good or not. Every player is a 1 year player at best, as far as I’m concerned. 

15 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

With Mier signed, there’s one spot to fill. Took a stab at this previously but will adjust with @GoodGoodobservation of Woodson. 

Thomas / Panoam / Kraft

King / Doppler / Uelmen (RS)

Eaglestaff / Mara

Woodson / Mayar / Bothun

Amar / Mathews / Erikson

This feels a bit light. I would prefer if Eaglestaff was at the 2. If Mayar has a good offseason, maybe he can reclaim that 4 spot that he had the beginning of this past year. 

Really, the trio of Thomas, Panoam and King are likely going to rotate the between the 1 and 2. Can’t imagine Doppler is going to receive many minutes, if any.

The Summit isn’t loaded in bigs so being a bit light might not be the end of the world so maybe you just go best player available to fill that last spot?

I like how the roster looks. Should be a very competitive team in the Summit. Think it’s going to be a little different from last year’s team. Last year, teams (especially teams like ORU and Denver) really struggled matching up with the size and physicality of our back court + Omot. This year’s team will be considerably smaller. I’m hoping we can shoot it better from 3 across all positions. 

I like the mix of guards we have. Agree that I’d like to see Treysen at the 2 but doesn’t look like that is going to happen. Mara is the wildcard as far as perimeter players go. He’s got the tools and I think he takes a jump in year 2. 

I like Woodson and Mayar at the 4. Both provided something different. Amar will hold it down at the 5 for probably 30 mpg. Will Matthew’s and Erickson be enough for 10 mpg? If Amar is in foul trouble or gets hurt then what? 4 scholarships at the 5 isn’t great roster management but it may have to happen

• Upvote 2