SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

44 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Maybe I am being petty here, but I am seeing all these nice good byes from some of the kids entering the portal.  Thanking the schools and fans for the their support.  UND seems to never get these heartfelt good byes from the players entering the portal.  Nothing from BJ or Tyree.  If anyone should have one would be Tyree.  Both SDSU players sent out really nice thank yous.  As a fan it helps knowing that they enjoyed their time here but just moving on to better things.  When players like BJ and Tyree say nothing its like they are ungrateful.  I remember Paul Bruns never did it either, made me dislike him more.   Ok maybe making to much out this.  Or maybe its somewhere other then twitter and I am just not seeing it.  

Sather should be fired for not being thanked after guys leave, IMO

58 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Maybe I am being petty here, but I am seeing all these nice good byes from some of the kids entering the portal.  Thanking the schools and fans for the their support.  UND seems to never get these heartfelt good byes from the players entering the portal.  Nothing from BJ or Tyree.  If anyone should have one would be Tyree.  Both SDSU players sent out really nice thank yous.  As a fan it helps knowing that they enjoyed their time here but just moving on to better things.  When players like BJ and Tyree say nothing its like they are ungrateful.  I remember Paul Bruns never did it either, made me dislike him more.   Ok maybe making to much out this.  Or maybe its somewhere other then twitter and I am just not seeing it.  

Some really good points and observations!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

I never thought about this before 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, McBuckets said:

I know it’s already been said a couple time but I agree think Eli’s role as a secondary ball handler and creator suits him much better.

He improved so much throughout the season.  I am really looking forward to next year.  Because I think there is more to his game

5 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Joshua Ola-Joseph hits the portal. See if Treysen and Eli can get their old AAU teammate to come to Grand Forks 

Definitely try. Would be pretty surprised but you never know what connections will do!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Could be some interest with Bentiu on staff. Super athlete kind of like Sem to be honest. Not sure he’s much of a shooter though. 

Tuff get, I see he was ranked top 25 PG in the country in his HS class and a McDonald’s all American 

7 hours ago, Kab said:

Don’t see much of a move up for Tyree with those schools

what kind of NIL would be available ,someone was in his ear 

Done with him, he leaves after great support from UND his freshman year, sits for two years, grovels back, then leaves again. Really have to wonder what kind of an education he is getting for his future. Seems to be all about him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I don't think he was getting any of the available $$$ for grades here.....

You don't have to be on the honor roll to be eligible.
Most schools have it set up so that if you've been awarded an Alston award, do the bare minimum (i.e.: stay eligible and don't get in trouble) and are still in school when the cutoff date is, you'll receive it.