SiouxSports.com Forum

The Portal - Basketball Edition

sioux24/7

6 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

No. Joe is better than Chad

Yeah no chance Joe is like Chad. I played some pick up with Chad and we absolutely torched him. When I say we, a bunch of rec city league players haha. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

A 6'11" big guy that would come in and be the 2nd best shooter on the team. Has solid skills with 3 years left of eligibility that he can expand on as he gets older. Could play on the wing and in the post at this level. 

To try say he doesn't offer anything because he averaged 2 MPG on a Pac 12 NCAA tournament team as a redshirt freshman coming from a Class B ND school is a bit absurd. 

A redshirt freshman that has played a total 25 minutes of college bb will be the 2nd best shooter at UND next year...that might be bit more absurd.  

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

... good luck finding quality big guys at this level 

I'm not a great basketball mind, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I know truth when I see it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoodGood said:

Don’t think he’ll ever develop to play on the wing, but definitely offers some ball handling ability to attack other 5s. Tons of potential that is definitely worth a shot. Guards grow on trees, good luck finding quality big guys at this level 

Sorry. Didn't mean he would play on the wing. More so he has the ability to take slower players off the dribble in a pick & pop long closeout type situation. He's not strictly a back to the basket type of big guy. He has some skill that he can continue to be expanded on. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ND1 said:

A redshirt freshman that has played a total 25 minutes of college bb will be the 2nd best shooter at UND next year...that might be bit more absurd.  

TT was our third best shooter at 32%......

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

All Ive heard is about how Kraft is the 2nd best shooter on the team and he is redshirt walk on who has only played 10 minutes in an exhibition and missed his only attempt.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve been waiting for this one. Don’t know if he will end up here but it would make sense. 

Who woulda ever thought this kid would get in the portal from Colorado.. I, for one, am SHOCKED

3 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I mean...Hurlburt is probably worth an offer...but I wouldn't stake my coaching career on him if it were me...but that's just my opinion!

I think he is 100% worth an offer! Local kid with pretty high potential. Hasn’t proven himself at the college level at all yet and although he had a great individual HS career his teams did underperformed. So I understand the concern but I am sure there will be MANY teams reaching out to him and hopefully UND can get him on the roster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I think he is 100% worth an offer! Local kid with pretty high potential. Hasn’t proven himself at the college level at all yet and although he had a great individual HS career his teams did underperformed. So I understand the concern but I am sure there will be MANY teams reaching out to him and hopefully UND can get him on the roster.

Those high school teams had some other athletes as well. The Games i watched the brothers rarely played in the paint.

1 minute ago, McBuckets said:

Don't disagree...but from what I saw of him in high school he's far from a sure thing...even with two years playing in the Pac-12.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ND1 said:

Eli King came in last year with limited minutes and look how he played at the end of the season.  I think kids like Hurlburt that are questionable Power 5 players are going to go to schools like UND prove they can play get some minutes and transfer out.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

A 6'11" big guy that would come in and be the 2nd best shooter on the team. Has solid skills with 3 years left of eligibility that he can expand on as he gets older. Could play on the wing and in the post at this level. 

To try say he doesn't offer anything because he averaged 2 MPG on a Pac 12 NCAA tournament team as a redshirt freshman coming from a Class B ND school is a bit absurd. 

I like it - get him!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I like what I see....  get this guy.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Tyler Junior College. Looks like we are his only known offer. I think @SD UNDmentioned McNeese State was looking at him. 

Think he is visiting today. NCAA dead period starts tomorrow and runs until the 11th I believe

33 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Think he is visiting today. NCAA dead period starts tomorrow and runs until the 11th I believe

Yeah he was here yesterday not sure if the visit extends into today or not. He posted a story last night with a UND jersey on.