SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ South Dakota 11/11/2023

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I was there for the USD blow out in 2017 I'll be there this year. If it's the same layout they have a nice mowed field for day-of tailgating and there was a good number of UND fans. The odds are against us, but that is why they play the game. 

I was on work trip to Beijing during the 2017 game. Woke up at 3 am  local time and found the gamecast on ESPN.   Also had texts from my wife saying don’t bother with the game. Shut it down quickly when I saw how bad it was going and went back to sleep 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Looking for Seidl, Wilson and Eliodor in a revenge game to all have big days. 

Question is who is going to step up on the other side of the ball? They are going to grind, need to make the stops. 

I’m looking for Pedigo to be a man possessed. 

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I do think UND can run on almost anyone in the FCS. It just seems like they abandon it too early in the tough road games and overthink the offensive play calling. Look who sits two spots below UND is rushing defense:     image.thumb.png.458bb3919e729b3b9c38d804b34261c8.png

I think this list needs to be sorted by yards/rush.....not total rushing yards. USD averaging less yards per rush than UND, so in my book they are better against the rush than UND. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I think this list needs to be sorted by yards/rush.....not total rushing yards. USD averaging less yards per rush than UND, so in my book they are better against the rush than UND. 

No doubt they’re better against the run. UND is high in yards per rush on the offensive side, though. Just pointing out that South Dakota hasn’t been crazy good against the run 

14 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Danny was a senior I believe the last time we won in Vermilion in 2008. 34-31 OT win. 15 years later why not again?

Our offense is good enuff  to win I think.  It all really depends on if our home defense (throw out our defensive melt down in 4th qtr at home vs lowly Ind St 2 weeks ago) or usual road defense shows up whether we have a chance or not.

I’m afraid USD is good enough to expose  our shortcomings.  Tough place for us to play, offense will be less than average today and our defense won’t be able to stop a physical football team.   

if we get behind early, we lose by double digits.  If we are within a TD going into the 4th maybe we will have two shockers in one season. 

One can only hope….

I am a little skeptical about the Yotes turnaround. Not sure their record or ranking is truly reflective of their team. Doesn’t mean this won’t be a tough game for UND. Hard place to play and track record is not in our favor. I think UND has a little more to play for, so I hope that sense of urgency translates.