SiouxSports.com Forum

Indiana State @ UND 10/28/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

Do I have this right - Offense scored 30 points in regular, drove 50+ yards in 50 seconds to tie the game and won it in overtime and some are saying the issues are our offense and QB ?

There’s no doubt the offense left some  points on the field and ran some questionable plays. But you’re right in that the offense did enough, despite some ineptitude.

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

I’ve wondered this as well. Looks like there is a lot of times that Tommy is locked in on somebody short of the sticks, so I’m guessing it’s a combination of play calling and decision making. He made some good throws down field yesterday so we know he is capable of it.

I don't think the first, or even second option on those pass plays is the 3 yard pass.  Those plays are not always designed to throw for 3 and hope the receiver can get the rest.  If the other primary routes are not open or safe, Tommy is taught to not force it.  Cautious, or maybe overly-cautious, I'm not sure.

36 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Not a good look for Bubba.  I would rather hear some sort of reasoning than that a prior coaches charts says to go for 2.  At some point over the years I would think he would go over possible outcomes  of being up by 11

Go by game situations

not charts

could use AI instead of the chart

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Do I have this right - Offense scored 30 points in regular, drove 50+ yards in 50 seconds to tie the game and won it in overtime and some are saying the issues are our offense and QB ?

To be fair.. the offense looked completely inept at UNI.. and for the first 2 quarters and a good chunk of the 3rd quarter at the game yesterday as well.  Both teams scored more pts in the 4th quarter than they scored the rest of the game.  You have to give Tommy a ton of credit for the last quarter and OT but i think its also fair to say where has that been.  I for 1 am tired of the trick plays, short passes and bubble screens.  I want to see Tommy play with the confidence he did in the last drive and the overtime throwing the ball further than 3 yrds and scrambling.  I hope those two drives are the catalyst for the rest of the season.

Also Quincy has got to be one of the most valuable players on the offense... making some nice plays at TE and makes the 3rd or 4th and short automatic even with the line totally stacked.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What about a five year contract extension? I bet that is being worked on as we speak.

I would chip in a couple hundred dollars towards a buyout. If enough fans were to do the same, it might inspire more stakeholders to step up. That would put pressure on Chaves to at least think about the future of the FB program and whether milktoast 7-4 seasons are good enough for the Flagship U.

Ah yes your couple hundred dollars isn’t going to help one bit. We don’t have the money to fire him so you might as well quit beating a dead horse…..

The last two games are Danny’s fault, he is the leader of the offense and it hasn’t been clicking on any cylinders. Play calling was aweful…… how is that on Bubba?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Ah yes your couple hundred dollars isn’t going to help one bit. We don’t have the money to fire him so you might as well quit beating a dead horse…..

The last two games are Danny’s fault, he is the leader of the offense and it hasn’t been clicking on any cylinders. Play calling was aweful…… how is that on Bubba?

Hmm - Bubba's hire and he has Bubba's confidence and is coaching under Bubba's guidance and systems.  And not being able to buy out Bubba is directly on Chaves and his idea to renew him after a 5-6 season.  

• Like 1

Just saw the replay of their comeback.

On that possession when it took 2 plays to score from 50 yards we had Siegel behind his guy for the first big passing play.

Then there were at least 3 guys who blew tackles on the receiver who waltzed into the endjone.

We talk a lot about the flaws here, but tackling has to be the biggest problem. It's not often the first guy makes the tackle on most plays.

• Upvote 1