SiouxSports.com Forum

Logo change coming?

Sweethockey

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You could've put anything behind "Fighting" and it would've won: Go Fighting Haberdashers! 

The new hawk-only secondary is an improvement. 

I believe "Fighting Whiteys" wasn't allowed in the final round.  It would have been a fine tribute to that historic East Grand Forks restaurant.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You could've put anything behind "Fighting" and it would've won: Go Fighting Haberdashers! 

The new hawk-only secondary is an improvement. 

100% correct. I've said this all along. The "Fighting" definitely swung the vote but not like there was a good option. They all sucked! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 61hawk said:

I believe "Fighting Whiteys" wasn't allowed in the final round.  It would have been a fine tribute to that historic East Grand Forks restaurant.

Hmm, apparently someone(s) thought that 'Fighting Sioux' was NOT a fine tribute to the state's historic/original human inhabitants.

IMHO, Hawks, whether fighting or any other adjective, is just too bland.  Wish using something tied to dinosaurs would have been looked into.  In regards to the postal logo, it's my wild arse guess that it was chosen as a fall guy for the wrath of the faithful.   Wonder if Sneaky Chippewas would have worked, they did manage to get thier ancestral enemies canceled.