SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND 9/9/2023

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Still befuddles me to see CJ and Bo taking kick returns in a 28 point game with 6 minutes left…

Agree, need to get some back-up returners an opportunity. The back-ups that were in were a bit sloppy at the end.

The botched onside kick recovery just made the end seem ugly, and sort of put a damper on the final impression. 

All in all, UND was definitely the better team. Fun to see for most of the game, but definitely work to do still, particularly special teams … and, I guess, second-team defense. Would like to see a full 4 qtr effort, but definitely will take 2-0 start as expected. 

NOW, where we learn about this team and football program: the next two big road games.

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

A few observations… 

- Bo is elite 

- Eliodor will be a deep threat all year and can block very well 

- Z is hard nosed runner that seems find the hole well 

- Red is always dynamic and tough to bring down. Very hard to gameplan against Im guessing 

- the entire o line played really well

- Smith can do it all (has been known for a while); Skokna is back to his old

self

- Pedigo can be really good

- Griffen is an awesome addition to the DL and offensive backfield!

- Beach played awesome

- Mullin also had himself a game; seems like he gained some speed 

- the safeties played well and can really tackle

much to be improved on but this game was not nearly as close as the score or total yard, etc. let’s go hawks! 

I don’t know, if NAU doesn’t turn the ball over down deep in the first half, and give us the two point conversion, I think the third and fourth quarters play a lot differently.

Only got to see some of the first half...someone explain to me why NAU went for two after their first touchdown.  The score was 20-9 at the time; a two point conversion makes it 20-11 which is still a two score lead.  Why wouldn't you kick it there? (unless their kicker was hurt)  It turned out to be a great play for UND getting the 2 points on the defensive return so I'm not complaining.:D

3 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Only got to see some of the first half...someone explain to me why NAU went for two after their first touchdown.  The score was 20-9 at the time; a two point conversion makes it 20-11 which is still a two score lead.  Why wouldn't you kick it there? (unless their kicker was hurt)  It turned out to be a great play for UND getting the 2 points on the defensive return so I'm not complaining.:D

Didn’t make sense to me either. 

23 minutes ago, tnt said:

I don’t know, if NAU doesn’t turn the ball over down deep in the first half, and give us the two point conversion, I think the third and fourth quarters play a lot differently.

You're right, they probably woulda beat us by 20 if not for that. 

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

Never felt like UND was going to lose this game at any point. Domination on both sides of the ball 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You're right, they probably woulda beat us by 20 if not for that. 

No, but it’s another thing to think that those few plays didn’t give UND a bit of cushion that kept NAU just out of reach.  But that’s what good teams do, make the plays necessary, and capitalize when the other team doesn’t.  Let’s be honest, if we were on the other side of those plays we would be pointing to them as turning points that kept us behind the eight ball.

• Like 2