SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 hours ago, Kab said:

If Jerry was named starter I would bet the results would be the same

with the portal now,if kids don’t get their way they will be gone

rough to be a coach now days

in day by day Feeney said how good it was going with Fruechte and how much he has learned 

here’s hoping Romfo can light it up as QB 1 

‘I like Q’s attitude when he wasn’t getting playing time at QB and he asked the coaches what else he could do for,the team 

Kids obvi couldn't tell the truth if they thought otherwise. 

When I was directly competing with another player for a job we both told the Herald how well we got along and no animosity.  In truth, I thought he was a smug SOB and he didn't like me either. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Not a good look at all

How do we know Moo U isn’t after him? Who do they have waiting in the wings after their two QB’s graduate. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him land in Fargo if he is really going to play FB and not Baseball 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I just hope this doesn’t hurt our Moorhead connection that we have had. 

I’m more worried about this Sun Prairie connection. Need to keep that train going so hopefully Jerry see the field at some point.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

How do we know Moo U isn’t after him? Who do they have waiting in the wings after their two QB’s graduate. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him land in Fargo if he is really going to play FB and not Baseball 

They didn't want him out of HS...not sure they how much they'd be jumping for joy to take him after getting beat out by a PWO. Not that they wouldn't take him for depth purposes....but not sure they would do it thinking he is their next 'Dude' at QB. But hey they did want our OC so you never know :)

When Romfo was named starter, I got optimistically anxious to see what the underdog could do. But now I am more anxious/nervous, because if Romfo doesn't look good as the starter and  the OC incorrectly chose Romfo over Feeney.....it's a pretty big mistake that cost us. Think it kind of amps up the pressure just a little for both Romfo and the OC. 

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Lying is the status quo of this society, kids learn it early from adults.  

I'm not sure how you figured he was lying.  All he said was he enjoyed working with Fruechte and learned a lot.  That can still be true.  He is just looking for somewhere else where he will get a chance to play.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I'm not sure how you figured he was lying.  All he said was he enjoyed working with Fruechte and learned a lot.  That can still be true.  He is just looking for somewhere else where he will get a chance to play.

My statement was morebin line to the responses here than the article or participants.

Not sure I understand the thought process in leaving the team. Don't think transferring is an option at the moment. Why drop football (and any possible opportunities that might come up) while you wait to figure out where you're next move is. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Not sure I understand the thought process in leaving the team. Don't think transferring is an option at the moment. Why drop football (and any possible opportunities that might come up) while you wait to figure out where you're next move is. 

His dad is a coach.  His has options.  His options are limited at UND, Romfo is the guy, for now.  Maybe for two years.  Trey is looking for more options.  Sign of the times.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out why now? If he is able to land somewhere for this season, fine but if he doesn’t does he still burn a year of eligibility?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve been trying to figure out why now? If he is able to land somewhere for this season, fine but if he doesn’t does he still burn a year of eligibility?

I think we should get used to it.

Money is out there to draw these guys in. Don't want to wait for someone else to get it.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, shep said:

I think we should get used to it.

Money is out there to draw these guys in. Don't want to wait for someone else to get it.

But the portal is closed and he can't go anywhere until December. And I can't see why it wouldn't be a year of eligibility whether he's on a team or not. 

Not surprised he (or someone) left, just not seeing how the logistics and timing make sense. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

But the portal is closed and he can't go anywhere until December. And I can't see why it wouldn't bYupe a year of eligibility whether he's on a team or not. 

Not surprised he (or someone) left, just not seeing how the logistics and timing make sense. 

Yup

But with Kaminski here and Sulik looking good he may have made the decision that no matter what he was not the GUY

2 minutes ago, shep said:

Yup

But with Kaminski here and Sulik looking good he may have made the decision that no matter what he was not the GUY

I would have waited until the 2024 season was over. A player sticking it out and supporting his teammates would be more attractive on the open market of the transfer portal. I wish him well regardless.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

But the portal is closed and he can't go anywhere until December. And I can't see why it wouldn't be a year of eligibility whether he's on a team or not. 

My guess is that this year won’t count against his eligibility since he left before the first game or something.  Only thing that actually makes sense.  Otherwise it would be obvious to stay to the end of the season.  

6 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Kids obvi couldn't tell the truth if they thought otherwise. 

When I was directly competing with another player for a job we both told the Herald how well we got along and no animosity.  In truth, I thought he was a smug SOB and he didn't like me either. 

Same thing happens in local political races. I beat out a REAL jerk 4 years ago….arrogant SOB as perceived by many… now he is financing a very awesome 30 year old to run against me. I called the young man up, wished him well, and I could foresee no problems. He agreed. And I meant it. But the jerk behind this… not so. 
I would assume it happens on sports teams too.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

My guess is that this year won’t count against his eligibility since he left before the first game or something.  Only thing that actually makes sense.  Otherwise it would be obvious to stay to the end of the season.  

I always thought there was an eligibility clock thing and google AI is telling me that’s the case. Idk not digging too deep 

IMG_5787.jpeg

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I always thought there was an eligibility clock thing and google AI is telling me that’s the case. Idk not digging too deep 

IMG_5787.jpeg

Am I reading this right, this year counts against him?

would only leave 2 years left for him 

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Wouldn’t it only leave one? He’s a redshirt junior and beyond the Covid year. 

Was thinking this was his 3rd year here

if that’s the case he would have been better off staying and deciding after the season, wonder if he knew the rules 

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

They didn't want him out of HS...not sure they how much they'd be jumping for joy to take him after getting beat out by a PWO. Not that they wouldn't take him for depth purposes....but not sure they would do it thinking he is their next 'Dude' at QB. But hey they did want our OC so you never know :)