SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake vs UND 9/2/23

SiouxFan100

14 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Labor Day weekend and 80-90 degree temps.  An opponent we should beat by 40+…I’ll say under, unfortunately. 

Yeah a lot of kids gone over the long weekend, people at the lake for probably the last time of the summer. Hopefully turn out is still good. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2023 at 11:17 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, but from a different perspective. I don't doubt we will have the game well under control and should be playing backups ... but there have definitely been times in the past where we should get our backups some game time and the coaches just keep running the starters out. I get it is early in the season and you want them game ready, but it also seems to make sense to get those backups game experience for when injuries start popping up.

Based on previous years it's not this coaching teams style to pull starters early - not like we've had too many blow-outs, I seem to remember Bo getting hurt a couple years ago during mop-up time. 

20 hours ago, SiouxDini said:

Over, but it'll be close.  Lake crowd won't be there.  I won't either, but I have my 4 season tickets filled with UND fans.

The lake crowd keeps this from being over 9000. Not the team's fault as I feel there's lots of excitement for UND  football this year.

• Upvote 1