SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

Thoughts that will be wrong later after week 2

-I'm not shocked that Montana State nearly beat SDSU.  I think SDSU can be had early in the year, but when we get to Nov/Dec, they are going to be very difficult to take down.

-UNI finds themselves in a familiar 0-2 hole and they have little room for error now with @ SDSU, @ ISU Red, YSU , NDSU, and UND left on their schedule.  Could have a very desparate Panthers squad on 10/21.

-SIU will be a playoff team, lots of bottom teams left on their schedule.  Big one against SEMO next week. 

-USD can win 7 games this year, UST needs another year or two, espeically on the offensive side, to start being competitive with the scholly teams.  I would love to see the Tommies get a bottom MVFC team on the schedule and could beat them.

-the Cam Miller/Cole Payton dynamic will be very interesting in Fargo.   Not suggesting any QB contraversy but Payton is a weapon that needs touches. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

I would have been interested in watching this game, but couldn’t. How did these two teams look compared to what we’ve seen from UND so far?

Broken record here but it still comes down to OL and DL. Both of those teams looked rock solid and big, not saying we can't "any given Sunday" them and we are moving in the right direction. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, iramurphy said:

Replay on Midco at 5pm. 

Caught the last 3 minutes on tonight’s rebroadcast.

Don’t know if I got a great sense of how these teams are, but both of their quarterbacks can air it out. 

gotta say, I love SDSU’s field. No ads, crisp yard line font, and checkerboard end zone. Que magnifique!

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Dustin said:

Caught the last 3 minutes on tonight’s rebroadcast.

Don’t know if I got a great sense of how these teams are, but both of their quarterbacks can air it out. 

gotta say, I love SDsU’s field. No ads, crisp yard line font, and checkerboard end zone. Que magnifique!

agreed, but those black unis, ish.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:19 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

-UNI finds themselves in a familiar 0-2 hole and they have little room for error now with @ SDSU, @ ISU Red, YSU , NDSU, and UND left on their schedule.  Could have a very desperate Panthers squad on 10/21.

On pace for another Top 20, just need that signature 1st win of the season in week 3 or 4.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, 90siouxfan said:

agreed, but those black unis, ish.

Crazy how atrocious uniforms are nowadays. UND / Adidas has been struggling a bit. I think most are content with black and white uniform sets, but how can you botch the Kelly green ones?
Need a new set that matches the all blacks better … although I’m not as sour on the current green ones as some. Just need them to be solid… no white shoulders.

of course, next up …. Classics with throwback gray helmets …??

55 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Crazy how atrocious uniforms are nowadays. UND / Adidas has been struggling a bit. I think most are content with black and white uniform sets, but how can you botch the Kelly green ones?
Need a new set that matches the all blacks better … although I’m not as sour on the current green ones as some. Just need them to be solid… no white shoulders.

of course, next up …. Classics with throwback gray helmets …??

We had better uniforms in the Big Sky

Not FCS. But what is happening in the Missouri vs K-State game? Missouri clocks the ball to set up a game winning FG. But instead of running the FG unit out they stand together on the sidelines thinking someone called a timout or something, as they had no timeouts. They get a delay of game. Almost throw a interception when they try to run a play with 8 seconds left. Then they get a 61 yard FG at time expires...

And a SEC crowd storms the field when they beat Kansas State?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Not FCS. But what is happening in the Missouri vs K-State game? Missouri clocks the ball to set up a game winning FG. But instead of running the FG unit out they stand together on the sidelines thinking someone called a timout or something, as they had no timeouts. They get a delay of game. Almost throw a interception when they try to run a play with 8 seconds left. Then they get a 61 yard FG at time expires...

And a SEC crowd storms the field when they beat Kansas State?

that FG would've been good from 65 atleast. Wow. Kicker is a big guy too.

That 61 yarder is a SEC record.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Could this be another the bigger they are the harder they fall? WOW

i don't think so. Just Drake drawing up a good first series. According to the Argus Leader reporter for SDSU Drake hit a 50+ and a 35 yard pass to score. The 50 yarder was the 1st play that almost went to the house.

On the TD was just a simple go route that WR had a step and no real pressure on his catch. Great thrown ball.