SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

Sounds like attendance in MpLes for the ac and eastern game will be small, maybe 15000

Izzo was wondering how they could have camera shots that won’t show how empty it is

He can’t figure out why tickets aren’t selling, he needs to remember how expensive it is to take your family to games, also he travels free

i wonder who covers the loss on this game, can’t be cheap to rent that place 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Sounds like attendance in MpLes for the ac and eastern game will be small, maybe 15000

Izzo was wondering how they could have camera shots that won’t show how empty it is

He can’t figure out why tickets aren’t selling, he needs to remember how expensive it is to take your family to games, also he travels free

i wonder who covers the loss on this game, can’t be cheap to rent that place 

Izzo also thinks Minneapolis is safe……. During the day…… if they can’t get hyped up to play EWU over Butler then they have a serious problem with that fan base that won’t be solved unless they get that long shot FBS invite 

22 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

USD can be a playoff team this year, given that they really do that THAT guy at QB.  Plus they do have a managable schedule to get to 7. 

They don’t deserve playoff bid based on embarrassment against Missouri. USD as a playoff team would be a disgrace to FCS football, but, I suppose, they can improve. I would rather they suck all year, though, personally. 

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They don’t deserve playoff bid based on embarrassment against Missouri. USD as a playoff team would be a disgrace to FCS football, but, I suppose, they can improve. I would rather they suck all year, though, personally. 

Nice hedge.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They are bad but could be good.   Well said

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I think they have some pieces and I am very high on their QB.  Plus, their schedule is very favorable (play 3 of the projected worst team in the Valley (2 of them on the road), Lamar, UST at home, YSU and UND at home. Plus last time SDSU came to Verm, they beat them (yes it took a hail mary but a win is a win).  Worse teams have gotten playoffs spots. 

With all of that said: UND can't lose to USD this time around.  One of these years, a road team is going to win in this series and start a winning streak.  UND needs to be the one to do it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I am very interested to see how St. Thomas does against them next weekend.  They have done a number on the non-scholly teams but lost to a 5-6 SUU team pretty badly last year.

Separate point, but SUU nearly beat Arizona State yesterday. Lost 24-21. Of course, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades (and thermonuclear war - @The Sicatoka).