SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

7 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Fans on GPL are doing the same thing we are and have started talking about UND fans in their offseason forum. :)

IMG_9875.png

Haha, the GPL posters saying those things are the same ones that lurk here all the time so that they can report back.
As far as being "behind them", we did split with them at Mariucci last season and both teams failed in bringing home the trophy.  :whistling:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

UMN will still be good for sure, but losing Knies and Cooley will be tough holes to fill. 
Not to mention all their defensemen that signed.

They have 12 forwards and lost Cooley, Knies, Faber, Lacombe and Johnson. They have a lot of talent, but they are putting a lot of stake into guys who played limited minutes and guys who are freshmen. Plus.... THEY HAVE 12 FORWARDS LOL

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UMN will still be good for sure, but losing Knies and Cooley will be tough holes to fill. 
Not to mention all their defensemen that signed.

Cooley signing aside, I don’t know why they didn’t have their roster otherwise set by now. Like were they really going to play the season with 13 forwards? (Now 12) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

They have 12 forwards and lost Cooley, Knies, Faber, Lacombe and Johnson. They have a lot of talent, but they are putting a lot of stake into guys who played limited minutes and are freshman. Plus.... THEY HAVE 12 FORWARDS LOL

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Cooley signing aside, I don’t know why they didn’t have their roster otherwise set by now. Like were they really going to play the season with 13 forwards? (Now 12) 

I really hope they don't have to go to the portal to fill those empty forward spots, they've been ripping on other programs that are utilizing the portal transfers.  ;) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Plus.... THEY HAVE 12 FORWARDS LOL

We lost Weatherby (in August!) and still had 14 forwards before accelerating Montgomery in. 

Unless you're rostering 9 or 10 D, I don't see how 13F, much less 12F, works. Stuff happens. 

• Upvote 1

I listened to Jess Myers’ and Mick Hatton’s interview today with Commissioner Weems. The interview can be found on TheRinkLive.

The one question they didn’t ask her was her thoughts on adding a tenth member school to the NCHC. I would’ve thought that would be a very relevant question. They did touch on the three team mini pods as well as potential league post season scenarios (no decisions have yet to be made in that regard). However, would’ve loved to hear her thoughts and opinions on making it an even number of member schools. 

3 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

Same thing happened with Bochenski almost 19 years to the day (7/26/04) when he departed late in the summer to go to the Senators. We lost Parise too that spring and dang near won the National Championship that following season. 

Wow. That is elite-level recall. +1000 bonus points for you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Wow. That is elite-level recall. +1000 bonus points for you.

Nah, @Prison_Mike just counted back day-scratches on the cell wall to where there was a B with a vertical line through it like $. The B thing was Bucks Bo leaving. Not a lot else to do in prison. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not hockey related, yet, but hopefully the hockey team stays away from the issues of college football lately with gambling. Iowa made it legal a year or two ago and now both state universities are having issues with athletes gambling on university athletics. Some their own team.