SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

He played in every game but two.  He certainly had a slow start though, for sure.
UMD people are saying he was "lazy" and didn't want to earn his opportunities.
I'm not sure if that is just sour grapes or accurate though.

Can't be right.....it's always on the coaching.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AJS said:

The quality of Goaltender is high in the portal. Feel good about not only what's in there, but UND's chances. What about defenseman? Knowing a RH shot is almost a necessity, I can only find two currently that seem like they would be solid gets.

• Tanner Palocsik - 3rd Team All ECAC (2nd Team All-Ivy)
  • Luke Krys - 2nd Team All-Ivy

Both Captains last year.

Anyone else?

• Upvote 1

Palocsik could certainly get a pile of minutes coming here, for sure.  Plus PP time.
Just unfortunate that both those guys could only be here one year.

Would be great if one of the portal D pickups could have at least 2.  But gotta take what's available and best for the team.

56 minutes ago, brianvf said:

He played in every game but two.  He certainly had a slow start though, for sure.
UMD people are saying he was "lazy" and didn't want to earn his opportunities.
I'm not sure if that is just sour grapes or accurate though.

Thank you for the information.  I believe you are right that the “lazy” comments sounds like “sour grapes”.

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

It is at least worthy of a review.  Any idea why he would enter the portal?  Was it lack of playing time or does he have a good amount of ice time?

probably got sick and tired of trying to figure out what gfhockey was saying on his snapchat....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dustnyou said:

So is the bulldog message board a dumpster fire? Fire Sandelin and burn amsoil down? Imagine this forum if und had a first round pick enter the portal after one season lol. 

Gfhockey has been awfully quiet :whistling: How could the great Duluth program lose a first round pick to the portal 

21 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

They all go right to the show. Signing tactic to burn the first year of their ELC.

Yep, agents know that too and do the wheeling & dealing for these guys. Tyler wants another team to go to in the AHL over the ECHL

4 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Anyone surprised we haven't received any commitments out of the portal yet?

Hopefully our coaches are plugged in with the family advisor/agent type guys who may know of additional players hitting the portal that are on teams still currently playing. 

5 minutes ago, ChadR said:

With possibly more entering the portal as the tourney progresses, wouldn't the coaches also be a little cautious about committing at this point?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Not yet. I would think the getting commitments would pick up next week or the week after. Really, we haven't seen too many commitments overall. Right now, I believe there are only 4 guys that are in the portal that the Coaching staff would be putting the full court press on. 

2 minutes ago, burd said:

With possibly more entering the portal as the tourney progresses, wouldn't the coaches also be a little cautious about committing at this point?

There's a balancing act for sure. At the same point, there are guys that fit. Like I mentioned, I think right now there are four that check all the boxes, regardless of who else enters.