SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

50 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think we'd need someone who could pot in that spot. Perron (setter), Strinden (getter), James/Blake/Gaber? (netter)

Blake is a setter (I’ll never use that term again :) )…his style changed when on a line with gaber. Especially on the PP. I’d like him to go back to his bread and butter which is being a play maker 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Nick Schmaltz's immediate thought if he or a linemate lost the puck was "Well, we probably need that so I am going to get it back right away!"

There's a guy in 306 that loves to point out "You need the little black thing!" whenever UND skates past a puck or blows a pass. 

39 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Blake is a setter (I’ll never use that term again :) )…his style changed when on a line with gaber. Especially on the PP. I’d like him to go back to his bread and butter which is being a play maker 

Fair, but I think he certainly can play the "netter"* role, if needed. Kid has a good shot, not great, but good. Can dangle through anyone and while yes, this is a primary "setter"* trait, his skill is unique enough where he can be the "netter"*

(*trying to coax more GSN usage out of you ;) -- embrace it)

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I had no real expectation of landing him, but, a hearty "poo-diddle-fudge!" just the same*. 

*It's 3 pm, daytime talk, G-rated. ;) 

Only the coaching staff knows what they are looking for and what they think they need. And we won't know if our moves will pan out until next season.

I am just crossing my fingers that our moves work out.

Clarkson has a pair of players in the portal that would be good gets.

The goalie Haider and forward Alex Campbell.  Both only juniors so would have two years of eligibility remaining each.
Campbell has put up 17 (fr), 33 (so), and 26 (jr) points, so a consistent scorer.

The goalie Pavicich from UMass is intriguing too.  Only a soph but solid numbers for a team that struggled more than expected this year.

SCHOOL IN TRANSFER PORTAL          

Northeastern 9          

Brown 7          

Clarkson 7          

Colorado College 6          

Lake Superior State 6          

Massachusetts 6          

Miami 6          

Providence 6          

RPI 6          

Wisconsin 6

Northeastern has 9 players in the portal already...wow.  That's 1/3 of their roster in the portal.  Geez.

8 hours ago, AJS said:

Haider - G - Clarkson to the portal. 6'3", NSH Pick, Solid numbers. Originally from MN. Is this the new #1 Goalie target? 1A 1B with Persson? @stoneySIOUX what do we think? Excited about this one. 

YES PLEASE!

Immediately moves to the top of my list. I really wanted him back when he was in high school and couldn't understand how Clarkson ended up with him.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Clarkson has a pair of players in the portal that would be good gets.

The goalie Haider and forward Alex Campbell.  Both only juniors so would have two years of eligibility remaining each.
Campbell has put up 17 (fr), 33 (so), and 26 (jr) points, so a consistent scorer.

The goalie Pavicich from UMass is intriguing too.  Only a soph but solid numbers for a team that struggled more than expected this year.

Northeastern has 9 players in the portal already...wow.  That's 1/3 of their roster in the portal.  Geez.

Anyone know why the mass exodus out of NE?