SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Should Berry and coaches text Scott Morrow? Or is poaching games no longer allowed? ;-)

So something like, "congrats on your success, sure missed having you hear at UND, best of luck"....   just ti get a toe in would be a nc$$ violation?

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Would be awesome to see Sanderson paired with Kleven.

Ottawa has 11 game remaining. They have bounced around the last 2-3 weeks of being on the cusp of making a playoff push and dropping to the edge of contention. a couple weeks ago they were 5 points out of playoffs with 4 games in hand and then the Islanders went on a little run.

As of today they are 7 points behind the Penguins for the last playoff spot but also need to jump Washington(1 point with 1 game in hand) and Florida(6 points). They play 8 teams ahead of them and 3 behind them down the stretch which will make it pretty tough for them to make the playoffs but might make it easier to get Tyler in the lineup down the stretch.

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Time for Berry to pull the Spicer for Howard trade.  It was his plan all along.  ;) 

Agreed with scpa though, he'll probably end up with a team like UMN or UM.

Yep I’d take him in a second…D play will be iffy but that’s not why you take a kind like this. Guessing Bubs wouldn’t touch him with a ten ft pole. Fairly outspoken kid, definitely new school.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Seems like an odd take. 
Peters didn't think his style fit in well with UMD, but he thinks MSU would be a better fit?  MSU doesn't exactly play a "run-n-gun" style of play...if anything I'd say they're pretty similar to UMD.

They’re changing with their new coach. 100% skill/offense 

• Upvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

That'd be nice.  Maybe Berry can take a pointer or two.

You've been watching the past three days, right? :)

We literally have ONE defensemen for next season and a really nice group of young forwards. Feels like we're going all in on offense lol.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

We literally have ONE defensemen for next season and a really nice group of young forwards. Feels like we're going all in on offense lol.

Win the faceoff, keep the puck should be next season’s game plan… :lol:

• Like 1

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/tyler-kleven-signs-three-year-deal-with-ottawa-senators

"We're very pleased that Tyler has recently made the decision to begin his pro career," Senators general manager Pierre Dorion said. "He's a big, rangy, hard-nosed defender who maintains a physical presence while on the ice and an ability to hammer the puck with his shot. We've been especially impressed with his overall development dating to his draft year."

Kleven’s physicality often resulted in penalty minutes — he had 214 across three seasons — and sometimes game misconducts. Kleven was called for seven major penalties in the last two seasons and was suspended a game three separate times.

After getting his fourth major of this season on Feb. 11 at Denver, Kleven was called for just one minor penalty in UND’s final nine games.

Pretty impressive how he modified his game slightly after his last major...you could definitely see the adjustment in his game and how well he was playing.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

That was kind of obvious to me. Misused a bit. Has Michigan or MN written All over him 

I don't know if the coaches are interested in him at all or not, but we cannot adopt a mid-major attitude towards top talent. The B1G is our most dangerous enemy. We have to be willing to engage and fight with them for recruits. There is no getting around it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's switching to a four forward / one dman lineup for next season.  ;)
:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I think it burns first year this year. Whether or not he plays a certain number of games. I could be wrong on that though. All these higher end kids signing will get a couple games.

I believe 25/K is too old for the contract to slide, and signing him burns a year regardless if he played games in AHL/NHL.

They could have signed him to an ATO, to save a year, but he has no incentive to want that

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't know if the coaches are interested in him at all or not, but we cannot adopt a mid-major attitude towards top talent. The B1G is our most dangerous enemy. We have to be willing to engage and fight with them for recruits. There is no getting around it.

Exactly - we need to sell our program to top talent.  We've had a good track record in the past.